News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: E3 2015.  (Read 7766 times)

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
E3 2015.
« on: June 15, 2015, 10:03:33 pm »
-Platinum Games are making a Transformers game
-Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake.
-Microsoft announces 360 backward compatibility for the XBox One
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2015.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »
Microsoft announces a Rare collection of 30 games for 30 bucks. Not bad considering it comes pretty much their entire history.
I'd be excited if I had an Xbox One or planned to get one, but I don't.

Also, it took them 24 years but Nintendo finally legitimately released the Mother 1 translation, which they call EarthBound Beginnings. Too bad it's only on Wii U now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:36:17 pm by KingMike »
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:38:50 pm »
You know, I'd like to buy it on my 3DS simply to support Earthbound and hopefully get Mother 3 released here... BUT NOPE IT'S ONLY ON THEIR GODDAMNED FAILING CONSOLE
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:10:42 pm »
I doubt any Transformers game could be better than the 2004 PS2 one.

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 12:24:57 am »
Shenmue III! http://bit.ly/saveshenmue (Also Last Guardian)

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:47:33 am »
Oddly enough, I'm most excited about the PS4 getting DLNA/media-center functionality. I don't feel like adding a new system under my TV, so the lack of DLNA support has been one of the things keeping me with my PS3.

Oh, and FFVII, but that's a given.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:14:23 am »
Shenmue III! http://bit.ly/saveshenmue (Also Last Guardian)

Wow. That would be great. Though I have to wonder. The original cost 70 million to make. What do they think they can accomplish with 2 now?
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Spooniest

• Kuru zotsu!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 02:20:59 am »
Final Fantasy 7 is getting remade. I just can't believe it.

I'm flabbergasted.
Yamero~~!

The Spoony Hou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 03:30:47 am »
Heck yeah, Mother 1! That and XB1 BC are the megatons for me, now i'm interested in buying MS's new console.

Now we just need Mother 3...

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 09:10:52 am »
Is this FF7 remake serious? On which platform? What sort of remakes (i.e. will the graphics be changed by any chances)?

Anyway there is high chances that it is either:
- Re-release, nothing changes (so not interesting, might as well play the original)
- Crappy remake, since Square Enix is not competent to make games anymore. TOSE was never competent, so if they outsource the remake to TOSE it'd only get worse.

Also if it's not a re-release I lost my bet that it would never be remade.

EDIT: Ok, according to GameFaqs forums it is for PS4 and PC. Also I am horrified at the low average IQ of posters, on the first ~6 pages only one post was actually a smart comment.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:27:21 am by Bregalad »

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 09:20:37 am »
Dishonored 2 has been announced. \o/

The second half of the trailer is SICK let me tell you. This reminds me the epic teaser for Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Dishonored 2 Official E3 2015 Announce Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdsVVhwDfbc
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 09:30:32 am »
Is this FF7 remake serious? On which platform? What sort of remakes (i.e. will the graphics be changed by any chances)?

Anyway there is high chances that it is either:
- Re-release, nothing changes (so not interesting, might as well play the original)
- Crappy remake, since Square Enix is not competent to make games anymore. TOSE was never competent, so if they outsource the remake to TOSE it'd only get worse.

Also if it's not a re-release I lost my bet that it would never be remade.

FF7R is for PS4 as timed exclusive. It will come after to either PC or, far less probably, the XBO.
It's a full 3D remake using the graphical style of Advent Children (though reworked).
Directed by Nomura (reason why he doesn't direct FF13 anymore).
Trailer used CG though, meaning all bets are off.
Some unconfirmed rumors said it was outsourced (developed by either Cyberconnect or Level-5... certainly not TOSE though).
Same rumors say FF6's remake on 3DS mentioned in 2010 is still a thing (last thing of the sort they did was FF4 The After Years 3D remake for iOS/Android/PC).

Square's E3 Teaser used Chrono Trigger music (Frog's theme) but nothing on that front yet.
A Front Mission continuation (though without the original director, seemingly) is planned too, according to Siliconera -who leaked FF7R and Bravely Default's localization before-.

Well, this E3 had Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7's remake (with even a Vita Final Fantasy spin-off game), The Last Guardian, and a "new" official Mother localization so far. Even Inafune's cancelled Mega Man/Metroid Prime FPS hybrid is getting resurrected with a non-Kinect Rare game.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised with a 3D remake of Earthbound 64 and new Metroid games plus localizations of Slime Mori Mori 3 and Dragon Quest games.

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 11:33:52 am »
Wow. That would be great. Though I have to wonder. The original cost 70 million to make. What do they think they can accomplish with 2 now?

WHile I dont think tehy will get a budget as huge, I think this is simlar to the new igavania, where they have a few investors that will actually fund the ordeal based on kickstarter results and shit.
_-|-_

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 01:55:28 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:41:37 am by Chpexo »

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 01:59:21 pm »
Wasn't there a line about a strip club somewhere?

Tangential relation, new Zelda 3DS, now with crossdressing! ::) (I hope it's not another touchscreen-only game)

Animal Crossing Party!
Yoshi Wooly World with amiibo support. Say hello to Marioshi (not official name), the genetic offspring of Mario and Yoshi. :o
Some Metroid sports thing included with Metroid Prime Federation for 3DS, which looks like Hunters 2 (but I never played the original MPH so I don't know really).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:08:48 pm by KingMike »
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Isao Kronos

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 02:31:23 pm »
who cares about nintendo, new nier
will hackrom for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »
I'm sure there will be voice acting in FF7, but I hope it doesn't interfere with renaming characters. My only gripe with FF4DS was that I couldn't name anyone 😭
I'll be a little disappointed if I can't call Yuffie "Pap Smear"

Isao Kronos

• Dog is God, God is Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 03:41:09 pm »
I'm sure there will be voice acting in FF7, but I hope it doesn't interfere with renaming characters. My only gripe with FF4DS was that I couldn't name anyone 😭
I'll be a little disappointed if I can't call Yuffie "Pap Smear"

max edgy
will hackrom for Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 05:01:16 pm »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 09:19:47 pm »
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is the only thing I've seen that's gotten me particularly excited, mostly because it's something that a) might actually get released in the near future and b) is on a console I actually own.

I'm playing through Dream Team right now, and I must confess it's a little bit tedious and doesn't really innovate much beyond Bowser's Inside Story – surprising, given how different the first three games were from one another.  Hopefully this will be a return to form. 

(I'm a little surprised nothing seems to have been said about Pokken Tournament.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!