News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Megaman 3 Improvement 2.3  (Read 18875 times)

kuja killer

• View Profile
Re: Megaman 3 Improvement 2.3
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2021, 07:59:42 am »
it's probably a windows 7+ gimmick about that. Sometimes these programs require those OCX and DLL's to be in the System32 folder. that usually fixes all problems in case it doesnt work from the program's own folder.

So you might want to "copy" the OCX and DLL's to your System32 folder, I dont have windows 7 or higher, so im not sure where it is on there.

Emsi-D

• Watching the morning sun rise above
    • View Profile
    • Mortal Kombat Trilogy XE
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2021, 08:42:57 am »
it's probably a windows 7+ gimmick about that. Sometimes these programs require those OCX and DLL's to be in the System32 folder. that usually fixes all problems in case it doesn't work from the program's own folder.

So you might want to "copy" the OCX and DLL's to your System32 folder, I don't have windows 7 or higher, so I'm not sure where it is on there.
Does not work. Unfortunately.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2021, 08:54:49 am »
I'm not sure then, very sorry. :( I dont know how windows 7 and others structure their file and folders format.

I cant test with any of those OS's. Since that's what it looked like in your screenshot with the much thinner looking X button in the corner.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2021, 09:15:12 am »
Right-click on the Megaflex app, then click Run as Administrator

Emsi-D

• Watching the morning sun rise above
    • View Profile
    • Mortal Kombat Trilogy XE
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2021, 09:55:03 am »
Right-click on the Megaflex app, then click Run as Administrator
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In 2014 I have used this utility: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/563/
Now I have to figure out this MegaFLE X..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:17:08 am by Emsi-D »

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2021, 09:54:12 am »
I'd love to know what the small change was on the last non-numbered update so I can determine whether I want to redownload the patch and redo the manual adjustments.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2021, 10:45:54 am »
I'd love to know what the small change was on the last non-numbered update so I can determine whether I want to redownload the patch and redo the manual adjustments.

I believe the change is to make Mega Man face right after defeating Gamma.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
yes it was just that only. did not add anything else, and i kept the version number the same.
Just was "face mm to the right after beating gamma-wily" ..that's all. Its not important, you dont need to re-do anything.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2021, 04:07:50 pm »
Does anyone still have a copy of the 2.22 Improvement patch? I wanted to try and upgrade MM3 Revamped using the new Improvement updates, but I don't have access to 2.22 to make a diff patch with anymore.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2021, 04:33:58 pm »
Alot of things i did here, are already on mm3 revamped as I mentioned in the readme, not everything but quite a few. I dont remember them all.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2021, 04:45:55 pm »
There are, but I'm thinking about some of the changes specific to 2.3, like the new sound effects on the cloud missiles, birds in the ending (I don't recall them in Revamped), and animation frames on Break Man in the stage select.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2021, 05:02:32 pm »
alright well here.. there was only 1 single site i could find that would accept this without being auto-deleted from text upload places.

But it's all "un-wrapped" - so the page has a miles long scrollbars...sorry. :( so try right clicking in the window "select all" and "copy" - then paste it in your own new word or text file, i guess.

https://textuploader.com/ta01l
please be careful when adding things.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 07:02:12 pm by kuja killer »

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2021, 06:53:45 pm »
Wow! I wasn't expecting this! I was just going to try and take 2.22 and create a diff patch with 2.3, but this is amazing! Thank you! I didn't mean to put you through all that trouble, but I appreciate it all the same! I've saved the file and I'll see how much of this I can backport into Revamped. You've done a great job documenting everything!

August 09, 2021, 12:31:19 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
It's been a while, but I just wanted to report back on what I was able to accomplish trying to add 2.3 features to Mega Man 3 Revamped for my personal use:

Successful changes:

- Protoman scarf in CSS
- Flying birds in ending
- New SFX: Missile sound to missile launchers and bullet clouds; Needle sound to Needleman and hedgehogs; Bullet sound to Geminiman and Wily Machine; Water splash sound to Turtle Dispenser and Submarine enemy
- Snakeman jump shoot animation
- Hard Knuckle hitbox fix
- Mega Man facing right after defeating Gamma
- Fade music part 1 (after exiting a stage; I did not add part 2)
- Wily Machine 1 life bar fix

Did not work:

- Rush Marine breathing bubbles: No air bubbles, and Rush moves very slowly
- Fix delayed graphics update: Caused the game to freeze when pausing and unpausing in Gemini/Doc Gemini's first area with the planet and some other areas
- Fix glitch when entering a boss room with Rush Marine: Caused music to speed up at the start of boss fights (returns to normal after boss health fills); I think this might already be implemented in Revamped though

Trying to add all of the changes in the document caused the rom to break. Engine changes all caused major issues when I tried to add them, so I left them out. I also didn't re-add any of the changes that were already present in Revamped, like the hitbox changes and Spark Man's freezing effect.

Thanks again kuja killer for the information! It was really interesting experimenting with the changes and editing the rom! :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 12:31:19 am by G30FF »