Wow! I wasn't expecting this! I was just going to try and take 2.22 and create a diff patch with 2.3, but this is amazing! Thank you! I didn't mean to put you through all that trouble, but I appreciate it all the same! I've saved the file and I'll see how much of this I can backport into Revamped. You've done a great job documenting everything!
August 09, 2021, 12:31:19 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
It's been a while, but I just wanted to report back on what I was able to accomplish trying to add 2.3 features to Mega Man 3 Revamped for my personal use:
- Protoman scarf in CSS
- Flying birds in ending
- New SFX: Missile sound to missile launchers and bullet clouds; Needle sound to Needleman and hedgehogs; Bullet sound to Geminiman and Wily Machine; Water splash sound to Turtle Dispenser and Submarine enemy
- Snakeman jump shoot animation
- Hard Knuckle hitbox fix
- Mega Man facing right after defeating Gamma
- Fade music part 1 (after exiting a stage; I did not add part 2)
- Wily Machine 1 life bar fix
Did not work:
- Rush Marine breathing bubbles: No air bubbles, and Rush moves very slowly
- Fix delayed graphics update: Caused the game to freeze when pausing and unpausing in Gemini/Doc Gemini's first area with the planet and some other areas
- Fix glitch when entering a boss room with Rush Marine: Caused music to speed up at the start of boss fights (returns to normal after boss health fills); I think this might already be implemented in Revamped though
Trying to add all of the changes in the document caused the rom to break. Engine changes all caused major issues when I tried to add them, so I left them out. I also didn't re-add any of the changes that were already present in Revamped, like the hitbox changes and Spark Man's freezing effect.
Thanks again kuja killer for the information! It was really interesting experimenting with the changes and editing the rom!