News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)  (Read 335995 times)

Green_goblin

• View Profile
Re: [PSX] Final Fantasy VII - Retranslation Project (R06g)
« Reply #600 on: October 09, 2021, 05:59:00 am »
I also got this bug even on the new version but on Disc 2.

Which patch did you apply? I offer 8 different patches.
Sounds weird, all 3 discs share the same content except the movies.
Regards.

fleedar

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 15, 2021, 07:39:22 pm »
Hello! I just started a playthrough and I’m running into a bug. When walking into 7th Heaven for the first time and trying to speak to Biggs at the table, the game will freeze and the last played note in the music will hang. I’m running the latest version of Beacause Canon Addendum with the Chicago font on a real PlayStation using an XStation. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for all your work on this by the way. I’ve waited for many years for something like this to come along and I’ve been so excited to play it!

Edit: I tried the Beacause Canon Addendum patch without the Chicago font and was able to talk to Biggs without freezing, but as soon as the dialogue finished and I tried to walk away, it froze then. Then I tried vanilla Beacause with no addendum or Chicago and it didn’t freeze at all. I’ll stick with this one for now!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:39:29 pm by fleedar »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 16, 2021, 03:36:31 pm »
Hello! I just started a playthrough and I’m running into a bug. When walking into 7th Heaven for the first time and trying to speak to Biggs at the table, the game will freeze and the last played note in the music will hang. I’m running the latest version of Beacause Canon Addendum with the Chicago font on a real PlayStation using an XStation. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for all your work on this by the way. I’ve waited for many years for something like this to come along and I’ve been so excited to play it!

Edit: I tried the Beacause Canon Addendum patch without the Chicago font and was able to talk to Biggs without freezing, but as soon as the dialogue finished and I tried to walk away, it froze then. Then I tried vanilla Beacause with no addendum or Chicago and it didn’t freeze at all. I’ll stick with this one for now!

Weird, I'll investigate. Thanks.

highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 29, 2021, 03:40:43 pm »
hummmm...
in cd1, flashback inside shin-ra mansion.
on the left side is the piano. the square; and L1 or R1 + triangle buttons plays like the cancel sound on menu, plus white flash.
this is a bug, or a normal and broken piano?

>> ff7 original and beacause

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 29, 2021, 03:54:51 pm »
hummmm...
in cd1, flashback inside shin-ra mansion.
on the left side is the piano. the square; and L1 or R1 + triangle buttons plays like the cancel sound on menu, plus white flash.
this is a bug, or a normal and broken piano?

>> ff7 original and beacause

It happens as well in original game, so I'm not sure if it's intended as in a very old mansion some things are expected to be broken.

highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 29, 2021, 05:25:05 pm »
don't know if it's in the pc version.
but yeah... it's a old mansion, i doubt anyone has tuned/played the piano "recently".

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 02, 2021, 05:55:01 pm »
It's 100% intended. The first clue is that the screen flashes. This has been programmed in. The piano has broken keys.