News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)  (Read 145176 times)

A_Rightsider

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2019, 01:30:22 am »
Hi

What files am I supposed to drag to create the patch?

trostboot

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2019, 07:41:31 am »
Wrong tab. You want to apply the patch, not create one.

In the apply patch tab, "patch" is where a patch file goes, "source file" is the corresponding original FF7 disc image, and "output file" is where you want the patched disc image to be.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2019, 06:13:07 am »
Now R06 is ready but the retranslation is not yet. That will be part of R07, and only then I will work on the new PSX patch. See this document to check what is being done: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jcnXS15WprRsqaVQ_HFwZSaz_XV-H39Yru_GRpkUT0w/edit#gid=44134831

Regards

91-MPH

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2019, 12:47:14 am »
I'm just curious. Does this project update the game's terminologies to their Modern-Canonical-English equivalents?

Ex: Fire, Fira, Figa < Fire1, Fire2, Fire3 < Fire, Fira, Firaga.

If that's the case Last Elixir was supposed to be Megalixir the whole time. Check Wikipedia of you don't believe me.

Edit: On 2nd thought, disregard what I just posted, I didn't know about the Canon-Addendum patch that Burnt Lasagna may or may not be working on until now. >.<

November 30, 2019, 06:51:45 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
But if I may be so bold,

would it be okay if you also made a Square-Enix Continuity Addendum Patch for the project?

It's just that, it's been a while since Burnt Lasagna has posted anything, and I'm worried, that his project may be kaputt.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 06:56:58 pm by 91-MPH »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2019, 12:10:18 pm »
IIRC Burnt Lasagna never died or anything, it's already been mentioned earlier in his thread that the patch is waiting for the next update.

We all have lapses of not logging in, it's the nature of forums in the age of Discord and the like.