News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)  (Read 145456 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #340 on: May 18, 2017, 01:33:25 pm »
He is.  But he's also waiting for me to finish R07, which will have finalized translation.  Final as in really final.  Window placements and all.
I'm eager to see the results, I almost lost hope on the PS1 version.  Are any major changes slated for the finally final translation?

renegadeofunk

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2017, 04:18:33 pm »
I've been skimming both the Reunion thread and this one but I can't tell if the PSX version has the full translation or not.

As in, I don't mind window placements and stuff like that, but is the translation pretty much 98%+ correct? Asking because I'm itching to play it right now and I'd like to use pSX's fast forward function :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:13:34 pm by renegadeofunk »

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2017, 05:09:21 pm »
You are best off waiting.  R07 will include quite a few fixes - especially from our proof checker, Charlie Beer, who is going through all fields and noting anything that sounds off.  So far, 2 major errors, and dozens of minor. R07 will also have greatly improved grammar and the localization will be, finally, 100% complete.

Don't get me wrong... as it is the re-translation is still a professional job - but it's not got my seal of approval until R07.

renegadeofunk

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2017, 10:34:50 pm »
Ok good to know, thanks!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 31, 2017, 10:22:11 pm »
You are best off waiting.  R07 will include quite a few fixes - especially from our proof checker, Charlie Beer, who is going through all fields and noting anything that sounds off.  So far, 2 major errors, and dozens of minor. R07 will also have greatly improved grammar and the localization will be, finally, 100% complete.

Don't get me wrong... as it is the re-translation is still a professional job - but it's not got my seal of approval until R07.

Thanks for all your great work on this. Once it's finished I would like to see both the PSX and PC versions have official current Square Enix names of everything for series continuity reasons.

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2017, 10:11:01 pm »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg251250#msg251250

This is pretty much a case in point as to why the project needed another set of eyes in a Japanese proof check. It's all coming along nicely though!

xadox

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 25, 2018, 05:42:02 am »
Is this still alive?

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2018, 07:43:54 am »
Is this still alive?

It is, I will publish a new version as soon as R07 is ready, but that depends on DLPB.

Regards

reiko23

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2018, 09:54:59 am »
Woh! Really didn't expect the project was still going-on on your side Green_goblin, haven't seen you much lately. Hope DLPB can release R07 quicky so that you can finish your project! Thanks man for your patience, we will all be waiting for this moment!  :angel:

HorribleRedrum

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2018, 08:42:11 am »

Game constantly shows this error when entering random encounters with these particular robots (Shin-ra tower, 64f.). I used a .bin image of a correct size for patching.

reiko23

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 17, 2018, 02:05:27 am »
It has already been reported before, we just need to wait for a new version of the patch to come up. He is not going to solve it until DLPB's retranslation of the game is 100% complete.

Psiloc

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2019, 06:26:18 am »
Hi there,

I don't know how useful this is to you but I haven't seen anyone else mention these yet.

Currently playing through this in a Raspberry Pi (lr-pcsx-rearmed) and have encountered the following issues:

Pressing select to bring up the 'finger' helper sometimes crashes the game - the emulator restarts. Seems to be scene specific.
Got to the first translated FMV last night (Sephiroth during Niblheim flashback) and there was this loud repeating high-frequency squeak noise that played throughout. The original sound from the movie could be heard playing normally, but the noise played over the top.

Can also confirm the issue with the robots in the Shin-Ra building, and some odd message box placement issues (noticed the "live TV ratings" during the parade is screwed up).

Some of these may be related to my choice of emulator (it's hardly considered 100% accurate), but I thought I'd mention them. The FMV thing stands out as the unaltered FMVs all play perfectly.

Absolutely loving this by the way. Can't believe you managed to port it over to the PS1.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2019, 12:25:03 pm »
Hi there,

I don't know how useful this is to you but I haven't seen anyone else mention these yet.

Currently playing through this in a Raspberry Pi (lr-pcsx-rearmed) and have encountered the following issues:

Pressing select to bring up the 'finger' helper sometimes crashes the game - the emulator restarts. Seems to be scene specific.
Got to the first translated FMV last night (Sephiroth during Niblheim flashback) and there was this loud repeating high-frequency squeak noise that played throughout. The original sound from the movie could be heard playing normally, but the noise played over the top.

Can also confirm the issue with the robots in the Shin-Ra building, and some odd message box placement issues (noticed the "live TV ratings" during the parade is screwed up).

Some of these may be related to my choice of emulator (it's hardly considered 100% accurate), but I thought I'd mention them. The FMV thing stands out as the unaltered FMVs all play perfectly.

Absolutely loving this by the way. Can't believe you managed to port it over to the PS1.

Hi Psiloc,

I have fixed the sound issue with the FMV. I was using the wrong software but now they are ok.
This time I will use Cebix Tools to insert the texts so probably all those errors you all are reporting will be fixed.

Regards

Psiloc

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 09, 2019, 12:22:30 pm »
Would I be right in thinking the FMV issue is fixed, but you're holding fire on releasing it until R7? Any time frames yet? :)

January 10, 2019, 04:33:53 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Encountered a bug last night. Sorry if it's already been reported.

Right after the initial visit to Rocket Town, when you escape on the Tiny Bronco and it takes a hit to the tail, there's a non-FMV scene where Cid exclaims "this is going to be a big splash" - "hold on to your pants and don't piss in 'em".

The bug is that while the rest of the message boxes are automatic, Cid's re-translated dialog now requires a confirmation button press to shift between the two dialogues. If the player takes a second to do that (which is understandable as the other boxes are automatic ones), the timing of the scene gets messed up and the final FMV never kicks in, meaning the game hangs.

I'm guessing because the non-consecutive FMVs and the field scenes all have to sync to the music, the game is designed to expect a tight hold on the timing and it gets in a mess if the player takes a second with that message box confirmation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:33:53 am by Psiloc »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 10, 2019, 05:03:55 am »
Yes I'll try to apply all these fixes on the new patch (R07).
DLPB said that R06 is almost ready, so R07 must be ready soon as well I think.

nicoblog

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2019, 08:01:26 am »
DLPB said that R06 is almost ready
I'm confused. R06 was almost ready in 2016, 3 years ago. Is it really coming out?
Also is R04c the latest version for psx? "Final Fantasy 7 (1 April 2016).zip"

Thanks!!

Green_goblin

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2019, 08:28:10 am »
I'm confused. R06 was almost ready in 2016, 3 years ago. Is it really coming out?
Also is R04c the latest version for psx? "Final Fantasy 7 (1 April 2016).zip"

Thanks!!

Unfortunatelly the proofreader cannot dedicate much time to this project, he is still re-translating the texts.

Yes, R04c is the latest PSX version.

zfreeman

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2019, 03:30:04 am »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg268077#msg268077

"Reunion R05c will no longer be up for download starting 17th September.  This is because R06 is scheduled to be released very soon and R05c is ancient."

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 24, 2019, 12:56:13 pm »
Keep in mind the PC mod has many other features besides the retranslation. These other features have been the main focus over the last year. That said there is good news. R06 for the PC mod is due out October 1st 2019, and the author is going to do his best to get R07 out before March 2020, which is when Square Enix releases their FFVII remake. At that point we will need to allow green goblin some time to bring in the new script, and give users the opportunity to bug test it. If all goes well we should have a final playable version on PS1 in April or May if 2020, not so far away. In the meantime, there is plenty of time to play through the previous 6 Final Fantasy games. Cheers
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 26, 2019, 10:18:24 pm »
This bug is still present at the retranslation... yet I am using the international version of the game...

I already said a special thanks to GEMINI for the Magic Defense Bug fix in all FFVII PSX version

September 26, 2019, 11:20:16 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm sure CUE or any other hacker would be capable and definitively glad to help with the issue. As for myself, I haven't been doing any hacks in years. Then again, I suspect you don't need a hacker to fix it, this is just runtime data issues you can easily detect with no$psx.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=rCO9ncwWmuQ&feature=share

October 01, 2019, 12:09:47 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ok someone already gave me the assembly source code how to fix the glitch or bug within the sell menu... just wait I don't have the rights to show it public.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 12:09:47 am by pating »