News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)  (Read 145477 times)

trostboot

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Retranslation Project (PSX)
« Reply #280 on: June 05, 2016, 05:01:54 pm »
Thanks for providing a save. I will look into this.
Cheers.

One other thing related to your patch, during the ending one line has a missing space, so there's 2 words stuck together (sorry, forgot which one during the credits).

And another minor and more general note, one of the jump prompts in the second or third screen in the Great Crater still reads "Press [Ok] to jump".

theonyxphoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2016, 07:49:03 pm »
I'm getting xdelts3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_Invalid_input

I managed to get disc 2 and disc 3 to patch and they are the correct size. 

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »
That just means somethings wrong with your base image for disc1. Get a rip that matches with redump's MD5, here.
http://redump.org/disc/66/

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2016, 06:01:47 pm »
I haven't read much of the thread so forgive me if this info is already here but...

I recently busted out my PS2 again and have been playing burned PS1 games. I've been wanting to revisit this game since it looks like I'm not going to have any interest in the FFVII remake. What I'm wondering is, have all of the kinks been fixed in this one yet? It's a little more important in my case since I'll be burning it and playing it on my PS2. I'm just about ready to play this but I don't want to encounter any game-breaking bugs and end up with a wasted disc.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »
I'd wait. I'm currently trying to iron out some kinks (some of which I are game breaking).

CVReynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 29, 2016, 02:55:52 pm »
Sorry if this was already reported (VERY minor spoilers below):

In Wutai sidequest:

"I know. I know that as well anyone..."

I think it was supposed to be:

"I know. I know that as well as anyone..."

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 30, 2016, 11:13:08 am »
Sorry if this was already reported (VERY minor spoilers below):

In Wutai sidequest:

"I know. I know that as well anyone..."

I think it was supposed to be:

"I know. I know that as well as anyone..."

Thanks for that. It's annoying when my brain fills in the missing word and doesn't tell me.   ;D

Retrolife

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 02, 2016, 10:07:33 am »
A ffvii were aries doesn't die would be best

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 04, 2016, 12:35:34 am »
A ffvii were aries doesn't die would be best

Disagreed.  That would be cliche and lame.  It's far more gutsy and interesting to have a main character die - it's much better storytelling and has a greater impact.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 04, 2016, 12:52:24 am »
Disagreed.  That would be cliche and lame.  It's far more gutsy and interesting to have a main character die - it's much better storytelling and has a greater impact.

A thought just popped into my head. Were someone going to do a hack where she isn't removed from the game after a certain point it would be much more interesting if she came back as a villain or as your zombie girlfriend.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 04, 2016, 02:55:18 pm »
A thought just popped into my head. Were someone going to do a hack where she isn't removed from the game after a certain point it would be much more interesting if she came back as a villain or as your zombie girlfriend.
One thing I enjoyed about FFT WOTL was Undead Algus/Argath, and it's kind of related to this because it runs off of the same idea.  In the original he just dies and is a one-off character who started Delita's separate storyline, in the remakes he ends up as an undead knight out of nowhere.

CVReynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 04, 2016, 03:21:36 pm »
Found another. Somebody probably already reported this error in the hack, but here goes:

Potential spoilers below, though people in the topic are already talking about it anyway.

When Sephiroth is talking during the big event (you know the one) at the end of disc 1, there's an errant "NEW PAGE" in the script that doesn't achieve its desired function. I don't remember exactly where it is, but considering it's right after the big famous scene, it should't be hard to locate.

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2016, 12:25:46 am »
http://goo.gl/gzjzSP

The field bugs (all the moderate or minor bugs) have been fixed. The backlog is vanquished. Now it's time to get Reunion R05 out - and hopefully Green_Goblin can incorporate my fixes into the PSX version.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:04:04 am by DLPB »

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:02 pm »
hyped for Reunion R05
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

CVReynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2016, 03:39:33 pm »
For if no one has reported it yet:

In the Gold Saucer's Speed Square, ask to see your high scores. It displays an empty box.

EDIT: This is on Disc 2, by the way.

UPDATE: New one (may not be an error): Try using the wrong limit break item on Tifa. She says, "I've got the wrong person." This is assuming the characters are speaking in these occurrences. If that is true, it should be "Got the wrong person.", "You've got the wrong person.", or "I'm the wrong person." That's what I suppose, anyway.

UPDATE: Another error. After Carry Armor, Cid's line (should you have him with you) is a little truncated. "We'll just have to take it from 'e" I think it says.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:44:56 pm by CVReynolds »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2016, 12:51:47 am »
I haven't read up on this in a while. Is the current Square names project still being worked on? I know Green Goblin's original project was taking the PC retranslation and apply it to PS1.

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2016, 12:30:57 am »
Hopefully someone finally fixed the mistranslation of North Pole into Knoll's Pol.  Knowlespole was one of the most famous mistranslations in the original US version, i'm rather surprised it was mistranslated twice.  Also I hope in the next version I can finally play it without needing to run the game exclusively on disk 3.

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2016, 07:16:54 am »
Hopefully someone finally fixed the mistranslation of North Pole into Knoll's Pol.  Knowlespole was one of the most famous mistranslations in the original US version, i'm rather surprised it was mistranslated twice.

It's been Knoll's Pol in mine from the beginning, since I came up with it :P (and it does seem very likely).  I'm not sure how that's crept into this version?

Phantasia Knights

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2016, 12:22:26 pm »
Nah, I didn't mean Knowlespole is in it as well, but referring to how Knoll's Pol itself is not the intended reference to North Pole, unless there's a mythological reference you realized.

DLPB

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2016, 10:50:46 pm »
The Japanese kana is difficult to decipher, but it certainly isn't "North" or "Pole".
That would place the literal meaning as "Pole at the mountain top / Mountain's Pole"  - which is precisely the correct location.  it may even be a reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Knoll 

But the point is the Cetra called the location a geographical north "Pole" [Pol is what the kana is and is very likely from a non-English language https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pol, designed to make the place sound more foreign - since this is the Cetra who named it] on a mountain.  It not only fits the kana perfectly, but also the logical location in-game. The Great Glacier is a mountain - and the whole region is a mountainous area. 

[Edit.  See the following discussion. Knoll's Pol is possible, but Nord Pol is far more likely given the new evidence]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:31:20 am by DLPB »