News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final fantasy record keepers actually good? Holy crap!  (Read 6738 times)

chillyfeez

• View Profile
Re: Final fantasy record keepers actually good? Holy crap!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2015, 10:18:57 am »
Ah, OK. I guess I could/should have looked at the Play Store for a better picture of how many times this game had been downloaded.
That definitely changes things.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2015, 10:30:44 am »
Aroo?  I thought BlueStacks was the only game in town, and most of my attempts to use it have been extremely frustrating for one reason or another.  What other ones did you try, and what made DuOS superior?

I think I tried BlueStacks and Andy, plus one other I'm not recalling the name of, offhand. I don't think I tried GenyMotion (I think that's the right name).

I know some were using VirtualBox, and wanted to force install a specific version. I already have VirtualBox set up with some virtual machines, so don't screw with my setup. :P

Others, I kept seeing graphical glitches. For example, in FF Dimensions, I could see the seams between tiles due to bad stretching/filtering going on.

It's been a few months since I went through all of this, so I can't remember exactly which was which as far as my issues with them are concerned. I did end up with DuOS, as I found the performance to be decent, haven't noticed the same tiling graphical glitches, and it seems to handle full screen well enough. Coupled with an app to lock the rotation, I can force everything to the orientation I choose. I have run into some issues with a couple apps here and there with certain orientations, but that's likely due (in some part) to my monitor's unusual resolution (21:9 monitor) and the developers setting the screen size based on a more "normal" screen aspect ratio.

Edit: I will note, DuOS is like $10, but you can get a trial version to test with... and it's a lifetime license, so updates are free.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:44:27 am by MegaManJuno »

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2015, 10:58:16 pm »
If I may digress further from the topic at hand, have you been able to install and use the Amazon App Store or Instagram?  And does it emulate a camera somehow?
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

MegaManJuno

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2015, 11:04:11 pm »
If I may digress further from the topic at hand, have you been able to install and use the Amazon App Store or Instagram?  And does it emulate a camera somehow?

Yes, the Amazon App Store installed and I grabbed a couple of thier free games of the day to try out through it.

I haven't tried Instagram.

As for the camera, I believe I remember seeing it could support one, but I don't have one connected to my PC to test it.

Since you mentioned the Amazon App Store, I'll note that the Google Play Store isn't on there by default, but they have a link on thier site to a package to download and apply to DuOS after it's installed to add it.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2015, 08:18:28 pm »
Has anybody actually seen any of the new features yet?
The scheduled maintenance period has come and gone, and I've downloaded the update for my app, but it doesn't seem like any of the new stuff we were supposed to get is available...?
EDIT
Never mind. Apparently, I have no idea what day it is.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:01:55 am by chillyfeez »
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 03:42:21 am »
Maintenance is ongoing right now.

And it looks like the official wiki has been taken over by KKK and hentai images, I guess that happens when you take the kid's toys away for a few hours.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:48:21 am by KaioShin »
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 10:21:57 am »
If anyone wants to add me my code is 9efR. I have a few Lv50 chars, but they don't have any equip soul breaks, so they are probably uninteresting to use for now, but who knows where they'll take the system in the future. I have item soul breaks for Black Mage and Bard, but they are still Lv1. I'll level them up when I have nothing else to do, which might be quite a while off...

So many opportunities for Mytril right now. The quests, the new events, the revamped dailies give clear rewards all over... Going to save up for the 11 draw for the first time, usually I'm not patient enough for that.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

MegaManJuno

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2015, 12:35:01 pm »
FW76

I only mess with this sporadically though, so my highest character (Cloud) is only Lv29 so far.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2015, 04:12:37 am »
I finally managed to get Firaja, but I only survived the first boss with only Cloud left and he had like 5HP...
And for the second fight I had to reset 5 times to get rid of the sin spawn without loosing someone on turn 1. (Tipp: If a battle goes badly, force close the app. It'll allow you to do the battle over from the start without losing Stamina. It's a cheat, but for some insane stages like this, I don't feel bad about using it as a last resort. Especially if I have to spend Mythril healing after the first boss).

Holy craaap. The boss rush they just added isn't gonna happen for me. As with Phoenix in the last event, I don't care that much about summons anyway.

In good news, I managed to collect 50 Mythril. Just waiting for this current draw event to have a day with equip I want. Looking for Terra's or Vanille's SBs specifically.