News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SNES Tecmo Super Bowl 3 Hack Help with Tile loading  (Read 1005 times)

drunken_honkey

• View Profile
SNES Tecmo Super Bowl 3 Hack Help with Tile loading
« on: March 18, 2015, 09:41:48 pm »
I'm looking for some pointers on how to add sprites to my rom.  I've pretty much hacked every graphical thing in the game, but I'm coverting the original from 30 teams to 32..... maybe even more (NCAA Hack).  I've already hacked it so that the exhibition mode has 32 teams selectable, now I've started the process of hacking the season mode to have 8 divisions and 32 teams.  In tecmo season mode, when you look at stats or rankings each team is assigned a mini helmet.  The problem I'm having is that the game is only loading x amount of tiles to map off of.  I've found the mapping program but have not been able to locate the program that is loading the tiles into VRAM.  So I figured now would be a good time to learn how to add and load/map sprites into the game.  I'm no expert at assembly but I'm ok at it.  Below is a link to my thread at tecmobowl.org to look at the project I'm currently working on titled 2013 MT REmix Project Mayhem. http://tecmobowl.org/topic/56988-2013-mt-remix-project-mayhem-trailer/page-14#entry434964
The board there is mainly NES guys so getting help from one of the top pros there hasn't been smooth. 

also I can't seem to be able to attach images to my posts.  I was going to post some screens from the game I'm working on but couldn't figure it out.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:25:35 pm by drunken_honkey »