News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Shadowgate Classic [NES]  (Read 9636 times)

Dr. Floppy

• Restricted Access
  • Make America GREAT Again!
    • View Profile
    • BaddestHacks.net
Re: Shadowgate Classic [NES]
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 11:24:30 pm »
Much sadness.

Here's to an MMC5-upgraded Shadowgate patch magically turning up in the submissions!  :beer:

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »
Looks great! Keep up the good work! This game was one of my favs back when it came out! You going to do the Uninvited or Deja Vu next also?

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »
Awesomesauce

Duke2go

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Reconstructed
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 04:12:18 am »
I have a lot of fond memories of this game. I also remember being like completely stumped very early into it as well (although my younger self did not have as great of reasoning skills I'm sure). This looks really nice and I would love to see a finished version. Might even try to play it again if you can get a completed patch. Keep up the good work.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence...

http://www.ffreconstructed.com/
https://www.facebook.com/finalfantasyreconstructed/

contra

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 12:54:25 pm »
Hack is done!

There is one or two rooms I'm not superhappy about but overall I'm pleased with the result and it's a definite improvement wich is what I set out to do. I just need to do some final testing to make sure I havent overlooked anything. I like to test my projects on various emulators and screens (computer monitors, tvs, phones) to make sure the palettes look ok.

Oh and as a bonus I decided to include the unused "goblin room"-music in this hack. It will now play in the Sphinx room where I found it to fit very well.

If tests are good I should upload it to the site this week.

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 01:19:13 pm »
Noyce

I'll help beta test if you want to pm me.

contra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »
Hack submitted and approved.
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2369/

Thanks for all your interest and support!

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:44 am »
Awesome! Hey can you update the original Contra graphics? :)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »
You know I NEVER played this game until now. Graphically it looks fantastic. Much better all around. I tried both versions last night for a little while and the game is a little tedious (I died A LOT), but your improvements all around really shine! Every room looks leagues better than what they did back in the day.

Sliver X

• EX•CINERIBVS•IGNIS•EXCITABITVR
    • View Profile
    • Panicus - A Fragment of Memory
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »
I just went through the game and wanted to say that you did an excellent job on the graphics updates.*

Lestat

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 08:09:47 pm »
I just wanted to thank you for this hack, do you intend to port it on another langages ?

In anycase it's truly an amazing work !

contra

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 05:51:50 am »
I just wanted to thank you for this hack, do you intend to port it on another languages ?

Sorry, no. I thought about including multiple patches for the different language versions but ultimately decided against it.

The simplest way I could think of doing this would be to copy paste the graphics and the data changes I've made into the other versions which in theory would be easy enough (I havent looked at the other languages roms, but I'm assuming they dont differ much beside the scripts), but there is so many and it's really tedious work that I dont have the time nor interest in doing so for all my intent and purpose this hack is done.

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 09:13:07 pm »
Congratulations on completing your project, the screenshots look great.  I downloaded your patch and I'm going to give this a try when I have an opportunity.   :beer:

Are you planning on starting any new projects now that you Shadowgate hack has been released?

contra

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2015, 02:57:57 am »
Are you planning on starting any new projects now that you Shadowgate hack has been released?

Oh for sure. :) I have a couple hack-ideas of various magnitudes. Some will probably be abandoned but some should get done. I'm not working on any "main project" right now though and have nothing to announce.

I useally don't like to announce projects in advance as I feel it can hamper my work and just wait until they are finished. In this case I did because it was almost done and I needed the motivation/push to see it through.