News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Harvest Moon SNES 3 Year limit Hack? / Patch??  (Read 6957 times)

gc8tech

• View Profile
Harvest Moon SNES 3 Year limit Hack? / Patch??
« on: March 01, 2015, 04:12:32 am »
Hello all,

Is there a Hack or Patch for the SNES version of harvest moon? It only lets you play for about 3 years.. My wife would like to be able to keep playing... :-)

I think there maybe a Action Replay code to do it? But i don't have a action reply cart.

I have search the web.. but nothing has come up.

Thanks,

D.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Moon SNES 3 Year limit Hack? / Patch??
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 04:47:04 am »
After reading this I got curious myself and started looking around but the only thing that turned up was a GBA hack where you can be gay if you like. LOL I still can't get over that. How neat...
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

MaxMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:57:55 pm »
Hello all,

Is there a Hack or Patch for the SNES version of harvest moon? It only lets you play for about 3 years.. My wife would like to be able to keep playing... :-)

I think there maybe a Action Replay code to do it? But i don't have a action reply cart.

I have search the web.. but nothing has come up.

Thanks,

D.

I'm not aware of such a patch, but it shouldn't be hard to do it using a debugger with breakpoints / cheat search.
One simply cannot defy that which was concealed by silence. - Mm~

TheCape

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:40:42 pm »
I saw an Action Replay cheat that allows you to modify the current day. It may be possible to input that as a permanent feature (to groundhog day the last day before the game ends) or something like that once the game has reached that point.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »
Did your wife reach anywhere near the game's 3 years? Is she the kind of player who even would? It may be plenty of time, with replay value coming from doing things differently to see different endings. To miss your wife out in seeing all of that including special events is probably not a good exchange. Consider the Animal Crossing series for indefinite play.

TheCape

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:38:06 pm »
Did your wife reach anywhere near the game's 3 years? Is she the kind of player who even would? It may be plenty of time, with replay value coming from doing things differently to see different endings. To miss your wife out in seeing all of that including special events is probably not a good exchange. Consider the Animal Crossing series for indefinite play.

Harvest Moon 64 is indefinite as well.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 09:53:12 am »
There sure are a lot of Harvest Moon games at this point, aren't there?  Do any of them still have the time limit other than the SNES version?  I know the GB version (Friends of Mineral Town) lets you keep going.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

MontyMole

• No fun in the USA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:24:27 am »
I know the GB version (Friends of Mineral Town) lets you keep going.
Yeah that's the GBA version I put in 5 game years in that so I no it has no limit. 
A log of some kind.
. Videuss (Youtube)
it's not the official way and relies on luck\randomized placement of bears. USC

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 01:28:01 am »
Oh, the original GB version was just Harvest Moon GB.  Not sure how I got that mixed up.  Anyway, there's no time limit there.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

lytron

• View Profile
    • pantalytron.com
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 07:34:53 am »
I played a bit around to find something about this stuff. I actually found where the date is stored, but somehow I couldn't trigger any kind of "Ending" when playing from Winter 28, Year 3 on. Just the new year "happens" as regular. Maybe I was missing some flags. I don't know, maybe I'll take another look this weekend. What I found can be read here.

gc8tech

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 06:59:32 am »
Yes.. There is heaps of Harvest Moon games... I would love to be able to patch it myself. But i have only done english translation rom work.. not editing how the code runs.

D.

oziphantom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »
I would be willing to have a crack at this, but I will need Save states of the game.( 9x is best, but znes is fine )  I need them a day or 2 before end of Year 2 and before end of Year 3.

Just stalling the last day would be boring and not let you change crops. Making it undo the Year 3 events and go back to start of Year 2, but I guess keep your heart levels and marriage etc in tact would be ideal I think.

Hopefully it can just be a code patch and I don't need to work out the game script format to patch it.

I will also need people to play it and test it, as I won't have time to do the multiple play though to test it.

July 31, 2015, 04:14:49 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I think I have found the code that triggers the ending. Just needs some save states to test it with.

I also found a way to speed up the text display to make it twice as fast.

Any other wanted fixes? Translation could do with some work as well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:14:49 am by oziphantom »