News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [PSX] NFS High Stakes - full edition (HELP NEEDED)  (Read 2892 times)

Sirius-R

• View Profile
[PSX] NFS High Stakes - full edition (HELP NEEDED)
« on: February 26, 2015, 07:25:13 am »
My kinda hack of NFS for for PlayStation. At the moment it's not active due to personal reasons. YAY, REVIVED!
As a base, the US [NTSC] version is chosen. (at the moment Australian [PAL] version is used, later everything will be ported to US [NTSC] version]

The tasks of my work:
- To add 3 region-only cars (Australian-only HSV GTS, Ford Falcon XR8 and Japanese-only Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec) in the game - DONE/TODO (HSV and Ford are fine; regarding Nissan - problems are being encountered, see details below)
- To allow the player to drive Ferraris and Mercedeses in Hot Pursuit mode without of using third-party cheats like gameshark - DONE
- To enable leftover blue-and-red vidwalls for police cars - DONE/TODO (Caprice's vidwall is plain blue, so it has to be edited)
- To add cars' own interior's textures instead of placeholder interior texture present on all the ingame cars - TODO (only Diablo SV's interior textures are added, along with its actual rims instead of Z3's it originally had)
- If possible, to add SV markings on Diablo SV - TODO (cancelled, as an addition of second side texture and edition of the car's model will be needed)
- If possible, change the French police cars' lightbars to blue or blue-and-yellow - TODO (replacing the French cops with German cops, hoping that they have different dummies for lightbars' lights, didn't help, I'll look for the other way... upd: probably the source of the problem is the same one that doesn't let me properly add Skyline without replacing HSV - see below)

Currently, this HS's revision only exists as the patch for the Japanese version of the game, Over Drivin' 4, as back then I didn't know how to re-build games' images, and Japanese version had Australian cars as leftovers; besides, it only had one or two tasks done. It, along with the screenshots of what's done, are hosted on another site.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:40:05 pm by Sirius-R »

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: [PSX] NFS High Stakes - full edition
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 12:26:25 pm »
This seems interesting. I'll be watching the progress on your project.

Sirius-R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:57:04 pm »
Thanks for paying attention to my work. I have to warn you though that you shouldn't expect any updates anytime soon - as I said, the project's freezed and at the moment I'd like to see what I can do with TNFS for PSX and Test Drive 2 for SMD... once I'm done with those, I'm resuming my work on this project.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 12:05:42 pm »
I'm also paying attention to the help you've been giving to DragonSpike at his Ace Combat 3 project. And relax, I know projects like these take time and some creativity.

Sirius-R

• View Profile
Re: [PSX] NFS High Stakes - full edition (HELP NEEDED)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 04:59:46 am »
Revived.

The mod temporarily migrated to Australian [PAL] version of the game, because reasons.
I decided to try to add Nissan Skyline without replacing HSV GTS. Also messed with ZDUSTY.VIV's contents, as I thought that all the remaining cars' data is placed here in their DAT files (spoler: it's not).
Tried to replace MHRT VT Commodore - the Skyline appeared fully upgraded and the game refused to load the race one I chose to race with it.
Then I tried to replace the leftover entry of Bonus Car 3 (BNS3).
What has happened:

Looks like BNS3 loads (screwed up) BNS2's (Titan's) model instead of its own for some reason I'm not aware of.
So, the cars' properties are written somewhere I didn't look at. Or looked at, but didn't understand anything.
Now I officially need help with this.

UPD: I suspect these properties to be written in game's FRONT.BIN; I'd really like someone to help me understand its contents.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:02:53 am by Sirius-R »

Sirius-R

• View Profile
Re: [PSX] NFS High Stakes - full edition (HELP NEEDED)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 11:40:40 pm »
Added screenshots of the current release's version.