News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Wizardry Empire for the Game Boy Color now in English!  (Read 11568 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: mrrichard999

Hello all! Here to announce an English translation release for Wizardry Empire for the Game Boy Color! Now you can enjoy playing this dungeon crawler that was unreleased in the English language whether on the go or in your home! Also stay tuned for the next release! We are currently working on  Wizardry Empires II - Legacy of the Princess for PC & Wizardry Empire - The Staff of Resurrection for the Game Boy Color!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2316/)

getter77

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Wizardry Empire for the Game Boy Color now in English!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:05:44 am »
Fantastic to see as always when it comes to yet more of the venerable Wizardry series of games finally getting out there to a wider audience---keep up the fine work!   8)

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:43:09 pm »
How many Wizardry games aren't in English now? It seems like the majority of the Japanese ones have been fantranslated, but I could be wrong.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 04:15:02 pm »
Here are the ones that were released in Japan. I believe I got them all but may be missing one or two :P

Translated so far
    Wizardry Gaiden 1: Suffering of the Queen (1991) – Game Boy
    Wizardry Gaiden 2: Curse of the Ancient Emperor (1992) – Game Boy
    Wizardry Gaiden 3: Scripture of the Dark (1993) – Game Boy
    Wizardry Empire (Game Boy)

Untranslated...
    Wizardry Gaiden 4: Throb of the Demon's Heart (1996) – SNES
    Wizardry: Dimguil (2000) – PlayStation
    Wizardry Empire (2000) – PlayStation
    Wizardry Empire: Staff of Ressurection
    Wizardry Empire II: Fukkatsu no Tsue (2002) – PlayStation
    Wizardry Empire III (2003) – PlayStation 2
    Wizardry Chronicle – Microsoft Windows
    Wizardry Summoner (2001, published by Natsume) – Game Boy Advance
    Busin: Wizardry Alternative (Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land in North America) (2001) – PlayStation 2
    Busin 0: Wizardry Alternative Neo – PlayStation 2
    Wizardry Traditional – cell phone
    Wizardry Traditional 2 – cell phone
    Wizardry Xth Academy of Frontier (2005) – PlayStation 2
    Wizardry Asterisk: Hiiro no Fūin (2005) – Nintendo DS
    Wizardry Gaiden: Prisoners of the Battles (2005) – PlayStation 2
    Wizardry Summoner (2005) – PlayStation 2
    Wizardry Xth2 UNLIMITED STUDENT (2006) – PlayStation 2
    Wizardry Empire III: Haō no Keifu (2007) – PSP
    Wizardry Torawareshi Tamashii no Meikyū (Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls) (2009) – PSN
    Wizardry Seimei no Kusabi (Wizardry: Wedge of Life) (2009) – DS
    Wizardry Bōkyaku no Isan (2010) – DS
    Wizardry: Torawareshi Bourei no Machi (2011) – PSN
    Wizardry: Prisoners of the Lost City (2011) – PSN
    Wizardry: Five Ordeals
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:54:28 pm by mrrichard999 »

Pickle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:27 am »
does the gbc empire series have the grid maze with the 3d view?

never mind I tried it and see that it does.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:20:36 pm by Pickle »

demilich

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 09:25:43 pm »
Thank you for all to hard work to bring Wizardry series to english. You really rock, man!

Please, tell, do you plan to translate a PS version of Wizardry Empire in the future? As I recall, the game has different subname and plot in comparison with GBA version

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 12:18:33 am »
Thank you for all to hard work to bring Wizardry series to english. You really rock, man!

Please, tell, do you plan to translate a PS version of Wizardry Empire in the future? As I recall, the game has different subname and plot in comparison with GBA version

Thanks :) Right now we are working on Wizardry II - Legacy of the Princess  for PC/Windows. This title is also on PlayStation but we wanted to work on the PC version due to having the mouse and it running smoother on a PC. After this we plan on working on either Wizardry Chronicles next which is also for PC or working on Wizardry Empire - Staff of Resurrection for the Game Boy Color. There is a Wizardry Empire 1 for PlayStation that also has a PC version of it which I would like to work on but I am having a hard time finding the disc for it. For now these other projects should keep me busy in the meantime.

demilich

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 03:12:57 pm »
Do you mean you can't find PC version of Wizardry Empire? 'Cos PSX version can be found on [URL REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

And one more question, if you don't mind. Do you plan to continue to work on Wizardry Gaiden 4: Throb of the Demon's Heart?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:07:15 pm by I.S.T. »

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »
demilich, we don't allow ROM site links here.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

arromdee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 10:20:04 pm »
Does this game use PC-like names for the spells ("MAHALITO" and such) and if so, does the patch keep them?  Some people still have the spell names burned into their brain from long hours with the PC versions.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 10:36:55 pm »
Does this game use PC-like names for the spells ("MAHALITO" and such) and if so, does the patch keep them?  Some people still have the spell names burned into their brain from long hours with the PC versions.

All the spells are not with the original names as when they were translated they had different names from the beginning plus there are a whole bunch of new skills with the prestige classes.

As far as Wizardry Gaiden IV goes, I am waiting on EsperKnight to finish doing the text insertion and that should be about it. In the meantime, everything I am able to do on that one is done at the moment.

Also just found a copy on Amazon Japan of Wizardry Empire 1 for sale so that will probably be next instead of Chronicles :)

I'll post some links down here if anybody is interested in obtaining PC copies to order. They seem to work fine under Windows 7 64-bit also as that is what I have run Chronicles & Empires II under. Had no problems as far as playing them!

Also here is a proxy service for those who wish to order them in the states. Seems Amazon in Japan wont just directly ship these to your home address if you live in the US. Treasure Japan does a pretty good job in getting these items over to me.

https://treasure-japan.com/

Wizardry Chronicles - http://www.amazon.co.jp/KSS-Wizardry-Chronicle/dp/B00005OFEW

Wizardry Empire I: Princess of the Ancient - http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%83%83%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A5-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B6%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A3-%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2-%EF%BD%9E%E5%8F%A4%E3%81%AE%E7%8E%8B%E5%A5%B3%EF%BD%9E/dp/B001HRY49I/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sw_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0VYFHME5ZMHZ6SG0MJM8

Wizardry Empire II Plus: Legacy of the Princess - http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00027LDFC%3Ftag%3Dstarfish0c-22%26camp%3D243%26creative%3D1615%26linkCode%3Das1%26creativeASIN%3DB00027LDFC%26adid%3D1XD4GXSXTR6TYMG08YNP%26&usg=ALkJrhgszib45itWinVwRb-qn_Qgs4SVUg

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:40:10 am by mrrichard999 »

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:51 am »
Do you know how to get both endings? I can get the missing ending for you, but I would like to know how to get it first.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »
Do you know how to get both endings? I can get the missing ending for you, but I would like to know how to get it first.

To be honest I have no idea what effects the outcomes of the endings but Demilich just sent me a save where the other ending comes up. I hope to have a new patch uploaded sometime within a week or two. Got a lot of school work at the moment so hopefully I can get this done soon! :D Will post here once the new patch is released!   :woot!:

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 09:11:32 pm »
I understand.

By the way, is there a possibility you could send me saves at the last boss and ending for the other wizardry games you've hacked? It's for a little project of mine.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 09:15:16 pm »
I'll see what I got when I get a chance to dig up the old stuff. Also this website has a lot of help for the game also

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/ace/wizardry_index.html

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 10:16:17 am »
Thanks! Those saves will be most helpful.

And thanks for the site, I will keep it handy.

March 29, 2015, 09:58:02 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
How's it going there with the saves?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:58:02 pm by reyvgm »