News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98a)  (Read 212892 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98a)
« Reply #680 on: April 27, 2020, 08:43:43 pm »
When you try to give something to the fat chocobo but his inventory is full there is an incorrect message:

I'm full!ou give me?

Sounds like a pointer is out of wack somewhere. Is this the same problem in Vanilla FFII?

KIL913

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2020, 10:15:05 am »
Thank you so much for your kind words. To be honest, I would love to port the script of Namingway Edition to a Japanese ROM with all of the original features and perhaps have some great additions to it like User Options and an optional B-Button Dash. It would need some work to make it right.

It would be nice to port the script to the original japanese rom so some of us could experience the game at its most accurate. But I would love to say good work on this script and I appreciate u considering a lot of input and feedback from followers of ur work!

HARVEST

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 07, 2020, 12:18:00 am »
I hope that the GBA graphics assets can be ported to this version.
They just look better and Final Fantasy IV always looked like an NES game that was ported to the SNES at the last minute judging from the visuals when compared to V and especially VI.

I also hope that Final Fantasy V gets a similar treatment.
The GBA Script Port is good and all but it doesn't have any of the bugfixes and QoL enhancementss that Namingway Edition and TWUE have.

TenJoker

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 09, 2020, 01:58:01 am »
I have an adamant armor and a cursed ring equipped, which should cause elemental damage to be absorbed, according to various sources.

This doesn't work however (I take regular damage with a fire spell for example).

Is this a bug in this edition?

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 19, 2020, 03:47:40 pm »
I want to thank the author for this hack, it is a great edition. Only gripe I might have stems from the missing option to use multiple controllers, the japanese version had it, I like playing old RPGs with a buddy and the missing option prevents it. Is there any way to bring it back or apply any sort of path or hex edit that can enable said option again?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 19, 2020, 05:28:06 pm »
I want to thank the author for this hack, it is a great edition. Only gripe I might have stems from the missing option to use multiple controllers, the japanese version had it, I like playing old RPGs with a buddy and the missing option prevents it. Is there any way to bring it back or apply any sort of path or hex edit that can enable said option again?

Thanks for the compliments. As for the Multi-controller function, there's two ways to go about it from what I understand. Figuring out how to restore the original Config menu, or port my whole game to the Japanese ROM. However, the game will allow a second player to input ANY commands as if they are player 1.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 23, 2020, 08:08:08 pm »
My goodness, it's so hard to find the right ROM for this hack, every single time. Just FFII US 1.1 Unheadered doesn't suffice.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 24, 2020, 03:43:05 am »
It's not hard at all... every single time. Maybe try not using "madeup" naming conventions like "FFII US 1.1"

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 24, 2020, 06:29:07 am »
You know exactly what I mean when I say "FFII US 1.1." Don't play dumb please.

To ease your mind:
"Final Fantasy II (U) [!] (v1.1).smc"
No header

nosynose

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 25, 2020, 10:07:43 am »
My goodness, it's so hard to find the right ROM for this hack, every single time. Just FFII US 1.1 Unheadered doesn't suffice.
Why it's so hard? And why every single time?
Perhaps instead of "1.1", you could look for "Rev1"
And if it turns out to be headered, just remove it with TUSH or StripSNES

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 25, 2020, 10:56:14 am »
You know exactly what I mean when I say "FFII US 1.1." Don't play dumb please.

To ease your mind:
"Final Fantasy II (U) [!] (v1.1).smc"
No header

I could reset the patches to work better with the modern "Good" set of ROMs out there if you're still having trouble finding the right one to patch.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 25, 2020, 11:58:48 am »
You don't have to do anything, the problem is not with your patches, and "this" problem would still happen because the problem is "I can't find the right version of a ROM dump with my Google-fu skills.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 25, 2020, 08:21:45 pm »
Except I always manage to find it. Just never the right one the first time, despite the first ROM I get is advertised as being 1.1 and unheadered. Nothing wrong with making it easier for anyone to get their hands on the right one. Shouldn't upset anyone.

Kensou

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 26, 2020, 11:00:11 pm »
I use an utility called snesROMutil to remove headers that way I can apply patches that need an unheadered rom.

On another topic, how can the config menu be restored?

P.S. I played through all FFIV using this patch and it as awesome. I played it on a real SNES with a flash cart.

Neon Streetlight

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 31, 2020, 01:34:23 am »
Playing through the latest version of this hack (one of my all time favorite hacks) and noticed a small typo from the Mysidian elder when you return as a paladin. He says “Ah!Where’d you get that sword?” (No space between the exclamation point and W of Where). Not sure if this one was due to space limitations but figured I’d let you know. It’s amazing how many times you’ve updated it! Every time I play it, there’s a new version to download first! Lol

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 01, 2020, 08:32:34 am »
Playing through the latest version of this hack (one of my all time favorite hacks) and noticed a small typo from the Mysidian elder when you return as a paladin. He says “Ah!Where’d you get that sword?” (No space between the exclamation point and W of Where). Not sure if this one was due to space limitations but figured I’d let you know. It’s amazing how many times you’ve updated it! Every time I play it, there’s a new version to download first! Lol

I believe that when I didn't make the space between some punctuation it was done for spacing reasons. I made a lot text revisions whenever someone found something that I overlooked.

advanceblog

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 07, 2020, 01:36:07 am »
Hi, this patch is great work, but I found a glaring omission. The DISPEL spell is still missing in this version! Same thing with the Aura/Lunar/Kinesis staff's effect. Does anyone know how to restore this spell?

Nosgothy

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 22, 2020, 04:10:54 am »
Just started playing this romhack (v1.98b) yet again and I may have found a graphical glitch. Probably due to the dash feature.

Anyways, if you go all the way north in the town of Baron (not the Castle) right above the dancer in red, and you run left and right there (while holding the dash button) then the trees start to glitch out.

Not sure if this happens anywhere else, and I haven't tried on other emulators yet, but I thought I'd point it out.

Quite easy to replicate but I can provide a screenshot if needed.

I'm playing it on my SNES Classic by the way. Had to patch the ROM using something else than LunarIPS to get it to work on that.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 22, 2020, 11:28:40 am »
Just started playing this romhack (v1.98b) yet again and I may have found a graphical glitch. Probably due to the dash feature.

Anyways, if you go all the way north in the town of Baron (not the Castle) right above the dancer in red, and you run left and right there (while holding the dash button) then the trees start to glitch out.

Not sure if this happens anywhere else, and I haven't tried on other emulators yet, but I thought I'd point it out.

Quite easy to replicate but I can provide a screenshot if needed.

I'm playing it on my SNES Classic by the way. Had to patch the ROM using something else than LunarIPS to get it to work on that.

Did you make sure the ROM was un-headered when you patched it? Sounds like something got overwritten if that's the case. I also have the game on my SNES Classic and didn't notice this issue.

Nosgothy

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 22, 2020, 12:02:03 pm »
Will check my ROM, would be super silly of me...  ;)

Edit: So I checked and my ROM is indeed unheadered.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:41:29 am by Nosgothy »