News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98a)  (Read 170896 times)

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98a)
« Reply #660 on: November 03, 2019, 07:20:43 am »
As everyone already knows and has been mentioned here before there is also this difference between FFIVJap and FFIIUsa:

Quote from: 'The Cutting Room Floor' site

The configuration menu of Final Fantasy II was greatly stripped down compared to Final Fantasy IV. Here's an overview of the missing options:

Battle Mode - Can set ATB to Active, which allows enemies to attack when you're in menus.
    Controller - Has two different selections:
        Normal/Custom - Allows the buttons assigned to the Confirm, Cancel, and Menu options to be changed. The R button, used for switching characters on the field, is the only one that cannot have its function changed.
        Single/Multiple - Multiple allows you to assign each party member to a different controller in battle. Without this set, either controller can control any party member.
    Cursor - The cursor can be set to remember its previous location in menus.

Easy Type only lost the ability to customize button assignments (likely because of button hints being placed in the game's dialogue) and set the cursor to remember its previous position.

But what I did not know:

The features enabled by the options weren't actually removed from either game, and they will function perfectly if a save from another version with the options enabled is imported.

That is, the options are still inserted in the game, just not shown in the menu!!!

Could this be of any help?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:27:12 am by darthvaderx »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 03, 2019, 07:11:06 pm »
As everyone already knows and has been mentioned here before there is also this difference between FFIVJap and FFIIUsa:

But what I did not know:

That is, the options are still inserted in the game, just not shown in the menu!!!

Could this be of any help?

I would not mind adding the full Config menu back in with all its options if I knew where the pointers were. I also like the idea of changing the name Customizer back to Config for series consistency.

teahouser

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 07, 2019, 03:52:36 am »
Awesome work on this, currently playing through. One question, is Namingway compatible with the FFIV TLS Equipment Screen Mod?

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 07, 2019, 05:04:16 pm »
Awesome work on this, currently playing through. One question, is Namingway compatible with the FFIV TLS Equipment Screen Mod?

As far as I know, its not compatible currently. I'm not sure what is conflicting specifically.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 26, 2019, 09:18:08 am »
Namingway and TWUE got mentioned by SNESDrunk here: https://youtu.be/RlcUHXmTTfM

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 26, 2019, 11:17:03 am »
Namingway and TWUE got mentioned by SNESDrunk here: https://youtu.be/RlcUHXmTTfM

I just watched that video! Wow! What a recommendation. After feeling down and pressured over the last TWUE update, this really brightened my day.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:41:08 am by Rodimus Primal »