News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.82)  (Read 44528 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.82)
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2017, 04:25:57 pm »
I was a big fan of your Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition hack of FFVI so I'm considering checking this out. In terms of both translation and difficulty, how would you say it compared to the PSX version and the GBA version?

Thanks for the compliments!

I think the translation was well done by vivify93. I did some tweaks to it as well, changing some lines to better match current translations. With the monster, item, and spell names, I did the best I could with the space available. Personally, I think its the best version of the game with its original graphics. Of current versions of FFIV, I like the PSP version overall.

Sephirous

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.82)
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2017, 05:10:46 pm »
I have suggestion/idea/thingy that might be neat.

Is there a chance this translation could get a special side patch that changes Zeromus to his "Easy Type" form?
So there is both versions?

I also wanted to make note that while I was playing this version recently, I noticed that if you use the Namingway guy to change your name, The Hand Icon doesn't work on the Name Entry Screen. I didn't know if this was a glitch or something that needed addressing in the patch.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:29:09 pm by Sephirous »
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.