News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.93)  (Read 117232 times)

Special

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.65)
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2016, 06:04:14 pm »
The patch has a modified date of 03/02, I would've expect March 05th or later going by the conversation here.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2016, 06:58:45 pm »
I double checked, it's the current version, updated and all. If you download it, the patches say last modified March 05.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2016, 07:49:56 pm »
I'm so confused, anyway I don't mean to be a bother or anything.

http://i.imgur.com/z71IzuT.png

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2016, 08:27:43 pm »
No I understand. Delete that file and download directly from the download link on the Project Page.

I did that and this was the contents:

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2016, 08:31:35 pm »
Very weird, maybe it has something to do with the servers? I tried again and still the same thing, unless there is another place to download that I'm missing.

http://i.imgur.com/G5Gth4a.png

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2016, 08:39:21 pm »
That's really strange. I tried both the 1.65 link AND the Download button on the Project Page and the current version downloaded. Is anyone else having this issue?

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »
I just tried it. The version that I'm able to download does contain the item target window fix.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2016, 09:03:59 am »
Well I'm going to look over all of the NPCs that I've changed in order to make the original FFIV Training Room and the Developer's Room to make sure there are no further errors made. Has anyone else come across and misplaced NPCs?

I am aware of the Training Room using a Scholar instead of a Soldier. That was something I ran into when I first made the change and the Scholar was a suitable temporary fix. I have found a solution for it and is now fixed, which will be in the next update.

March 07, 2016, 08:37:12 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And I do intend to ensure all of them are fixed this time. I'm going to playtest this again myself, but if there are any others that come up please let me know!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:37:12 pm by Rodimus Primal »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2016, 06:37:43 pm »
You can DOO EET!!!  :thumbsup:
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2016, 08:11:20 pm »
Well I'm going to look over all of the NPCs that I've changed in order to make the original FFIV Training Room and the Developer's Room to make sure there are no further errors made. Has anyone else come across and misplaced NPCs?

I am aware of the Training Room using a Scholar instead of a Soldier. That was something I ran into when I first made the change and the Scholar was a suitable temporary fix. I have found a solution for it and is now fixed, which will be in the next update.

March 07, 2016, 08:37:12 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And I do intend to ensure all of them are fixed this time. I'm going to playtest this again myself, but if there are any others that come up please let me know!

I don't have anything to add myself but you should pm "mcgeepride", because his recent review of this, seems like he may have a list of bugs for you if you ask about them. http://www.romhacking.net/reviews/2087/#review

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2016, 09:40:43 pm »
You can DOO EET!!!  :thumbsup:
Indeed I will. It might take some but I think the fruits of my labor will be worth it.  :thumbsup: :beer:

I don't have anything to add myself but you should pm "mcgeepride", because his recent review of this, seems like he may have a list of bugs for you if you ask about them. http://www.romhacking.net/reviews/2087/#review

Whomever he is, he had a "definitive" review up there and changed it. Everything in his updated review he sent to me in a lengthy PM and then changed the review before I responded to him. I have an idea WHO he might be based on things I've seen around.  >:(

I guess there's no pleasin' some people.... :-\  My initial reaction to all this hoopla was literally pull the project off the internet since some think my use of squish tiles as much as I did and the errors made making the project are terrible and that I shouldn't have even released this project in the first place. But instead I decided to put more time in making it better since now that I'm looking at it again with "fresh" eyes I can see mistakes and correct them as I find them.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2016, 08:49:04 am »
I was with him up until he said the original J2e fan translation of FFIV was better than this. I wouldn't wish a translation that bad on anything.

vivify93

• Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2016, 10:20:16 am »
Yeah, no, I agree--that's straight-up over-exaggeration. J2e's translation is awful. I can see where J2e, as a group, were coming from with what they thought was best, but even given the times, we had more quality translations back then.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:01:48 am by vivify93 »
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2016, 02:24:31 pm »
William Shatter isn't always right!?  But he shot a Romulan ship down! :o

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
I had that J2E version for 10 years, and I was so happy to see Project II and then the Namingway Edition show up so I could replace it.
I thought it was better than the censored-to-hell original US version, but all the "edginess" and that William Shatner reference really made me cringe...
Thank you vivify93 and Rodimus Primal for lighting our darkest hour!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2016, 10:32:20 pm »
I had that J2E version for 10 years, and I was so happy to see Project II and then the Namingway Edition show up so I could replace it.
I thought it was better than the censored-to-hell original US version, but all the "edginess" and that William Shatner reference really made me cringe...
Thank you vivify93 and Rodimus Primal for lighting our darkest hour!

TILL ALL ARE ONE!

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2016, 05:46:14 pm »
So I'm working on the next revision and it would seem I've ironed out the NPC problem. I've also gone into the monster spells and renamed some of them. I'm making sure that everything works like it's supposed to without any errors.

I'm also going to be releasing updates to Woolsey Uncensored and my Earthbound Beginnings Title Screen projects as well.

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2016, 10:58:15 pm »
I've playtested the game and found what I think was the last of the NPC errors, at least I hope so. I've also fixed things in the script that were in Project II but are different in Namingway Edition. The Panacea is now the Unihorn and a couple of monsters are updated with their names as well.

Version 1.7 has been submitted and is now live!

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337/

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:28:16 am by Rodimus Primal »

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.7)
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2016, 10:00:07 am »
Nicely done, I'm not seeing any NPC errors either so far.

Blue_Lotus

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.7)
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2016, 04:11:33 pm »
Works like a charm, thank you so much!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:33:05 pm by Blue_Lotus »