News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins  (Read 569 times)

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins
« on: October 20, 2021, 02:32:24 am »

https://www.sendspace.com/file/021tm6

I'm waiting for some translations for some Ushio & Tora files, and since I was bored, I thought of working on a quick edit on the infamous Makai-Mura a.k.a. Ghosts n' Goblins.  (Translated as "Demon World Village".)  What was done was a new title screen and cleaned up the "Engrish" at the end.  Anyway, I could use a beta tester or two who has the sanity to complete this game and (hopefully) check how the ending looks.

You will need the Japanese ROM to use this patch with a CRC checksum of 8C3FE6FB with a header.  (File size is 131,088 bytes)  I can't tell you where to find the Japanese ROM.  You'll have to find it yourself.

P.S.:  This has NOT been tested on being patched on an English "Ghosts n' Goblins" ROM.  I don't know what will happen if you use this patch on a Ghosts n Goblins NES ROM instead of a Makai-Mura ROM.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 04:51:49 am by BlackPaladin »

Googie

• Keepin' ROM Hacking gangsta since 2003, baby!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 01:34:33 pm »
I can do a play through if anything, as a matter of fact I'll do it tonight after dinner.  :thumbsup:

BlackPaladin

• View Profile
Re: Makai-Mura / Ghosts n' Goblins
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 03:48:45 pm »
I can do a playthrough if anything, as a matter of fact, I'll do it tonight after dinner.  :thumbsup:
Awesome, ty!  Please let me know what you think.  :)