A small request!
It looks like it'll be a 4-byte change to make running not check stamina before activating, plus the 3-byte change to make it not cost stamina. So yeah, that'll be in the next release.
Strange issue: when cycling through the rings, the item rings are not coming up even though the weapon and config menu rings are coming up just fine. I applied the option to store up to 9 items as well as the boy not taking nuts.
Can you post your SoM Turbo.ini file, either to somewhere like pastebin.com or here in spoiler tags? I think that'd save some trouble on back-and-forth questioning to figure out what combination of features being on and off is causing that.
Off the top of my head, the main feature that could affect item ring visibility is Bug_Fixes\No_Blats_To_Sell, especially if mixed with some combination of Items\Item_Limit_Increase and Technical\Validate_Items.
Quality_of_Life\Boy_Dislikes_Nuts shouldn't be relevant (it changes the code when you use an item, which shouldn't affect item visibility, which is likely what's affecting the item ring not showing).
Okay, thinking this through, it has to be the combination of No_Blats_To_Sell and Item_Limit_Increase. Item_Limit_Increase changes the format of owned item data (from 3 bits quantity, 5 bits ID, to 4 bits quantity, 4 bits ID), and No_Blats_To_Sell checks for invalid owned item data (if the item ID is >= the max valid item ID). I'll verify that this afternoon.
Edit to link new version.
- Implemented Balance\Run_When_Tired
- Implemented Quality_of_Life\Inverted_Ring_Menu_Rotation and Quality_of_Life\Inverted_Shop_Menu_Rotation (both off by default)
- Implemented Bug_Fixes\Northtown_Ruins_Better_Rope
- Implemented Technical\Fake_50Hz (off by default, this one's sort've a joke feature)
- Quality_of_Life\Run_On_Trigger_Tiles now includes running on stairs (since running on trigger tiles didn't work without it)
- Compatibility fix between Items\Item_Limit_Increase and Bug_Fixes\No_Blats_To_Sell
- Two new FastROM JSR patches and three compatibility fixups
- A handful of minor optimizations
- Changed mnemonics for event commands 0B, 0C, 0D (related to Magic Rope Door)
- Implemented event command 3E, Set Rope Door, for Northtown_Ruins_Better_Rope
- A few more compat markings for documentation purposes