News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Ganon in Light World  (Read 3031 times)

bradzx

• View Profile
Legend of Zelda: Ganon in Light World
« on: February 15, 2015, 10:59:37 pm »
Wait what?   You get confuse that Ganon is able fight in Light World?   Yes it does!   But this hack won't be very easily for you. 

Q. What is this hack all about?

A. Alright.  Here you go to knowledge about this hack.
1. No fairy or any potion in bottle.
2. You will not able to get Dark World to get Titan Mitt
3. Only expert and experience player with hard mode can play this hack.
4. No blue tunic or red tunic.
5. You will only have 9 Hearts.  You won't able get 4th heart piece container in Dark World.
6. 4 full hearts container.
7. 8 hearts piece container.
8. You will fight Ganon with only Master Sword.  Good luck with your timing to defeat him.

Can you handle this?

SCREENSHOT!

Spoiler:

Hmm...I wonder where this will lead to.

Hey, there is hole up there. I wonder where is lead to. (By the way I already add something to block this hole.  Only you can get this hole is Master Sword.)

Aw no pots.  Oh well.  Man to man.

Why I can't enter this door?  What is going on?

Sorry.  He is not able to show up.

Shoot!  I can't lift this rock because it is too heavy.  (You can get bottle down here and under the bridge, but you won't get this item from sick-boy.)

No potion shop allow.

YOU MUST USE SAVE AND QUIT AFTER YOU GET ICE ROD!  OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET SCREEN SCROLL REPEAT IF YOU TRY TO LEAVE THIS CAVE! (Need fix this bug.)

Oh boy!  Waterfall of Wishing!  Let get upgrade!  *enter the waterfall cave*  Aw no upgrade this time.

What is inside of this big treasure chest?   *open the chest*   Oh it Bow & Silver Arrow! (There is no text box appear when you open this chest.  So no bug at all.  You will be fine.)

I got Master Sword and break this barrier.  Now let find out about that hole lead to.
*Fall in the hole and land it*  Ganon?!   You can't be here in Light World!  I won't let you control Hyrule!

This is what look like you get so far.  Even you get bottle and no fairy or bottle in it.

DOWNLOAD!
Header rom and USA version with [!]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:41:00 pm by bradzx »
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

puzzledude

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda: Ganon in Light World
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:02:39 am »
YOU MUST USE SAVE AND QUIT AFTER YOU GET ICE ROD. OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET SCREEN SCROLL REPEATING IF YOU LEAVE THIS CAVE (Need fix this bug.)
In the spirit of the "hand of peace" which bradzx accepted from me, I asked Conn if this is fixable. And Conn! found it using his ASM skills.

This bug was made by Hyrule Magic program (false scroll values for room 288).

If the file has no header, open it in a hex editor and go to hex address 15720. There is a code there 12 02 FF FF 16.
Change this to 12 02 02 02 16.

So both FF bytes are false and should both be 02, and the scrolling in the cave will be back to normal (tested).

I can also send you the ips with Ganon in light world, which also has all those fixes in it (ice cave bug fix and collecting crystals in light world feature).

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:18:06 pm »
In the spirit of the "hand of peace" which bradzx accepted from me, I asked Conn if this is fixable. And Conn! found it using his ASM skills.

This bug was made by Hyrule Magic program (false scroll values for room 288).

If the file has no header, open it in a hex editor and go to hex address 15720. There is a code there 12 02 FF FF 16.
Change this to 12 02 02 02 16.

So both FF bytes are false and should both be 02, and the scrolling in the cave will be back to normal (tested).

I can also send you the ips with Ganon in light world, which also has all those fixes in it (ice cave bug fix and collecting crystals in light world feature).
Well problem is I use header rom.  I didnt use unheader rom.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

puzzledude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:26:03 pm »
Well problem is I use header rom. I didnt use unheader rom.
Nothing really problematic here. If headered, then:
2EDE0 becomes 2EFE0 (for the crystals in the light world)
02 --> 03

15720 becomes 15920 (for the Ice cave bug fix)
12 02 FF FF 16 ---> 12 02 02 02 16

The address is then basically shifted by +200 bytes.

Normally when hex editing you always remove the header, since the pointers will then point "falsly" and can confuse. For instance the pointer 00 80 0A (reversed SNES address) leads to 50000 (hex address). In any headered Lorom, the same pointer leads to 50200, which at first glance seems like a paradox, but the game knows to "skip" those 200 bytes.

Code: [Select]
header           00200
actual address   2EDE0
----------------------
sum              2EFE0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:31:40 pm by puzzledude »

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 05:37:07 pm »
Which Hex Editor is much easier for me to use?

puzzledude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 05:43:45 pm »

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 08:35:06 am »
Alright.  I will fix it as I can.  :)  I am glad you ask me forgive you.   Also I already told my deaf friend about you remove his account.  And I already told him that he need sign up again.