News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V: Legend of the Crystals updates  (Read 17344 times)

Digitsie

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V: Legend of the Crystals updates
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:28 pm »
That has to do with the way the tables are reading it. I need to find out how to fix that thing.

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2015, 12:31:36 am »
The ending scrolling words are glitched. The first few lines are okay, but then the lines start repeating, and almost as soon as they appear on the screen, the repeated lines vanish. (Also, the words "passion" and "envelope" are misspelled!)

I also recall now that at some point the black chocobo "speaks," but the name given for the speaker is Boko.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2015, 02:05:55 am »
Do you remember the lines for all those, at least?
I need the words, specifically, to locate them in the list.

All of them. Especially if I can't find whatever the misspellings are.

And there's a lot of kwehs, so who were talking before and after?

Put it this way - be more detailed in order to make it easier to find everything. For whatever reason, the FFV ending changes depending on who's still alive.

Pictures/snapshots would be especially helpful in this regard.

March 06, 2015, 02:14:14 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
By any chance, was the black chocobo's 'kweh' before Faris rejoined the party while Bartz and Krile were with Boko?

Because that's the only one I can find like that.

Also, I can't sort out anything special about the endings (any of them) as I hadn't really changed text for most of them other than name changes. I'm going to try repeating the whole 'remove whitespace' thing to see if that's an import table issue.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 02:14:14 pm by Digitsie »

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »
The black chocobo is called Boko when you talk to it outside the meteorite caves when Mid and Cid are using it, IIRC.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2015, 10:15:51 am »
Ugh, I can't pin this down. Was it just 'kweh', or did it say anything, or is somone calling it Boko? A snapshot of this particular thing would help, considerably.  The only thing I can find is a "Kweh..."  "What's this black chocobo doing here? Is Cid here?" which seems to indicate I may have already fixed it.

Also, it looks like [delay] and [wait] is causing issues with the VWF in events, hence the weirdness. RPGe had a patch that works for them, but it doesn't work if you try and expand names.

Fix in progress.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:16:10 pm by Digitsie »

jmoral14

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2017, 01:58:38 pm »
Out of curiosity, are Digitsie's changes part of the current 1.1 version of Spooniest's translation patch?