News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy V: Legend of the Crystals updates  (Read 17434 times)

Digitsie

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy V: Legend of the Crystals updates
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 12:21:10 pm »
That's not a problem, actually, if I remember right. Doesn't he eventually find out Faris is a female?

February 07, 2015, 12:22:04 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also having a problem with timing - the speech dialogue keeps blipping off when I check. I need to consult to see how the editor works.

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »
Yeah, I figured that out.

18 ) I'd really like to see a plate icon added (ala Final Fantasy Restored, which has an icon for heavy armor and an icon for light armor). RPGe solved the problem of identical names by altering the name of the plates. So the item shop that sells both Bronze Armor and Bronze Plate sells Bronze and Copper in RPGs's version. This obscures the difference between the armors (the Bronze Plate has a weight of only 2 instead of eight, but the defense is lower). (This is the same system used in Final Fantasy II, which in Demiforce's translation has the same problem.) Adding a plate icon solves the problem nicely and allows for proper naming. The original SNES release of Final Fantasy "II" did the same thing by introducing a ring icon, whereas in the original Japanese they had just the single glove icon for all types. It would be very easy to import the light armor icon from Final Fantasy Restored or invent a new one.

19) Soft should be G. Needle.

20) Magisa should be Magissa.

21) Dialogue suggestion. Change Magissa's "looky what we have here" (from Back to the Future) to "And I see I've caught no less than the Princess of Tycoon!" (GBA)

22) Dialogue suggestion. Change Magissa's "have to knock you all down" (from FF NES) to "Fine, it just means I'll have to crush all four of you!"

P.S. I edited my earlier post with more stuff before I saw that you had added a new post (on a new page), so you may not have seen those.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:42:44 pm by Chrysologus »

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 03:16:07 pm »
One of the patches I have restores the original FFV icons that RPGe overwrote.

If you'd like to provide more appropriate icons, let me know.

I've got to start over on the editing, since I used the wrong table, apparently. WHEE.

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 10:19:04 pm »
That patch doesn't seem to be compatible with the Legends of the Crystals one. When I applied it, it made Bartz's sprite weird.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2015, 10:23:01 pm »
Header/noheader issue?

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »
Probably. Is it possible to apply or remove a header after one patch and then do the other patch? I suppose it is.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 10:30:48 pm »
Yeah I had to label all my patches 'header' or 'noheader' to keep track of which to apply with a header and which not to.

Which is why I'm going to just bloody put them all together once I'm done with it.

BTW, can you try that 'walk in the air' patch and see if it fixes that problem?

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 10:02:35 am »
BTW, can you try that 'walk in the air' patch and see if it fixes that problem?
Not sure what patch you're referring to.

23) The king of Walse says: "But... we can't be sure that same will happen to the Water Crystal..." Need to add the word "the" and probably also "thing" around the word "same".

24) A soldier says "from the tower on the north." Should be "to the north."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:09:46 am by Chrysologus »

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:43 pm »
What is 'soft' in this case being used by that needs to make it replacable by G.Needle?

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 07:02:30 pm »
The item called "Soft."

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 07:11:51 pm »
Fixed everything but 18, 21-24. 21-24 on hold till I can figure out why I keep getting random ,,,,, at the end of every id screen.

February 09, 2015, 10:06:31 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Fixed.

Anyway I changed 21 to "And look what we have here!" (and besides, the section you refer to has a reference to the Princess in the next box. No room there!)

Fixed the rest except 24 and the icons. (That needs a patch thingy, I think. Someone else will have to handle that.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:06:31 am by Digitsie »

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 02:05:35 pm »
Well, I got the original icons patch working with this patch, for what it's worth. Most of the changes are practically indistinguishable; I don't know why they changed them. The patch doesn't change the items. I have confirmed via a YouTube video that there never were icons for Potion, Antidote, etc., in this game, presumably because the potion icon is reserved for the special items you mix, like the Power Drink.

February 09, 2015, 02:19:34 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
25) This may be the result of the icons patch I just applied, but in the inventory Copper armor is missing the two spaces after its name it needs for the colon and quantity to line up right.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:19:34 pm by Chrysologus »

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 02:23:46 pm »
That's not the patch... Copper is showing as [OO] instead of [FF], so I've changed that.

Do you want me to send you what I have so far? And I can't find 24... where is that again?

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2015, 02:36:27 pm »
Oh, it must be in Walse castle.

You can send it. Do I have to re-patch from scratch, or can I apply it right on top of my existing file?

February 09, 2015, 02:49:27 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
26) Old man in Karnak says "telling us to not use" which would more naturally be "telling us not to use".

February 09, 2015, 02:58:22 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
27) A soldier in Karnak castle says "Werewolves attacks..." instead of "attack..." It's kind of crazy how many typos there are.

February 09, 2015, 11:16:40 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
28) The job Mediator should be changed to Trainer (since Beastmaster doesn't fit).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:18:23 pm by Chrysologus »

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:25 pm »
Fixed all but 27... 27 just seems like they're discussing 'werewolves attacks' as 'we keep fighting werewolves in multiple attacks', rather than 'werewolves attacked us'.

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 11:58:05 pm »
If that were the case, wouldn't you say "Werewolf attacks". Like one talks about "bear attacks" not "bears attacks"!

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:35 am »
Ok, werewolf attacks it is. It fits better with the sentence before that anyway.

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »
29) An old man in Jachol (Jacole in this translation) says "the long ago destroyed Kingdom of Lonka," which sounds funny. How about the GBA's version, which changes the line to "We who live in this village are descended from the ancient Ronkans.

30) All instances of Jacole should become Jachol.

31) All instances of Lonka should become Ronka. (Although it is arbitrary, isn't it, since Japanese only has one liquid sound, right?)

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 03:41:25 pm »
Hm. Everything's been doable so far but the icons and the 'Eidln' to 'Summn' (I don't like either, to be honest. If there's a way to edit the menu to make it summon, I'd love to know it...)

Ok let me see if I can list what other changes you want me to make, presumably:

Mua to Moore
Kelgar to Kelger
Zeza to Xezat
Dorgan to Dorgann
Guido to Ghido
Kelb to Quelb
Rugor to Regole
Kuzar to Kuza

Also I think I found the mistakenly-attributed-to-Lenna part, and have attributed it to Guido

Anyone have any idea what a Garkimasera is? I've only seen the one reference (id 109 for quick lookup) and can't find it anywhere else.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:10:06 pm by Digitsie »

Chrysologus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 07:42:40 pm »
It's Jackanapes in the GBA and mobile versions and Harpy in the PS version. His Japanese name is Garchimacera: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Garchimacera.

This site is the best I've found for a comprehensive FF V database: http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff5. It's regrettable that Gamer Corner Guides doesn't have FF V or VI, as his hyperlinked tables are amazingly useful.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:00:41 pm by Chrysologus »