News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Title screen skip  (Read 1051 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Title screen skip
« on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:40 am »
Anybody know a way to hack A Link to the Past to skip from the Nintendo logo to the file select menu, bypassing the title screen and intro?
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: Title screen skip
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:55:12 am »
On later systems these screens are often used as a loading mask but for cartridge based things you can usually get away with a lot. Hopefully the game does not use any sequence in this to setup memory or something (it should be done before you even see the Nintendo logo but I have been surprised in the past).

When you press the required button on the title screen it will branch to something that ultimately loads save select. Find this branch and shove it so it happens automatically at the end of whatever developer logos you want.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Title screen skip
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 11:20:53 am »
It was possible in the Japanese version to skip from the Triforce logo to the file screen.
If someone cared to, they could look at the code and change that probably re-enable it.

(I know third-party games might have done that sort of thing as a result of a NoA, and possibly NoE, policy of making sure players see "Licensed by Nintendo" sometime before gameplay. But in a first-party game, I don't know.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018