News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Seeking translation help for SNES Oni II scripts.  (Read 2896 times)

taskforce

• View Profile
Seeking translation help for SNES Oni II scripts.
« on: January 28, 2015, 11:50:20 pm »
Hello everyone.  I would like to request translation support for Oni II for SNES from any qualified individual that would like to work on this game.  We already have a few files that another translator did for us and then vanished but there is still the lions share of files left to translate.  I should warn any potential translators that I've been told this game can be harder than your standard SNES game to translate due to containing some old formal Japanese.  I'm not a translator but that is what someone told me who did translate.  If you would be willing to help us out, we'd be greatly appreciative.  You can contact me at taskforce@dynamic-designs.us or Bongo` at Bongo@Dynamic-Designs.us and we'll be glad to answer any questions you might have (if there are concerns you have before you start, please talk to us about them) or mail you the scripts if you are willing. Also, I must warn any potential translator, the scripts are rather big.  The zip file containing the scripts is 281kb.  I don't want to hold anything back from anyone interested in helping out.  Thank you for reading this and for any help anyone can provide.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:59:12 pm by taskforce »

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Re: Seeking translation help for SNES Oni II scripts.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:14:07 am »
the scripts are rather big.  The zip file containing the scripts is 281kb.

Heh. Just sayin' :)

Seihen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:57:27 am »
In addition to the post above, raw text actually compresses really, really well in zip format. What is the unzipped file size of the scripts?

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 07:04:40 am »
896kb (and it seems Bongo` dumped them in UTF8)

yugisokubodai

• View Profile
    • Assembly
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:41:42 am »
Isn't Oni Bakumatsu Kourinden? If it is, then there're lot to do as the dialogue use vertical displaying.

visualdefenition

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »
I'll chime in here. In case you're reading this and not familiar with Dynamic-Designs they are the group that have already completed many projects with top-quality work such as Chaos Seed, FEDA, Burning Heroes, and many more. They are very talented, dedicated, and will see their projects through to completion. Their hacker Bongo is one of the elite SNES hackers and has already addressed most of the technical issues including the vertical text. With translation support this project will be completed.

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 07:04:12 pm »
Just as visualdefenition has mentioned above.  All of the assembly and hacking chores like dealing with Vertical text have already been dealt with.  Bongo` already has an insertion package done.  We are simply lacking translation support to see this project to completion.

February 03, 2015, 02:38:00 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
A translator has graciously come forward to help with this project.  He assures us the size isn't an issue and he'll see it through to the end.  Thanks to everyone who has read this and anyone who was thinking about helping.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:38:00 pm by taskforce »