News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation  (Read 2240 times)

JUg

• View Profile
Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation
« on: January 19, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »
Hi everyone, first timer here. Didn't want to actually come here with my project without having done work on it. So I began translating Dragon Quest Battleroad victory on the wii and let me tell you it's colossal work. Most of the menu and battle texts are actually pictures and so I had to make a picture for each word, phrase, spell and menu item that needed translating and I'm still far from done, but a good chunk of the menus is done. Now I've hit a wall, I can't open the files with RPG part that contains the text for the NPC. If anyone has any ideas, I'm linking the files I need to find a way to open as an attachement:

http://www.justeungameur.com/DQMBRV_ENG/filetypes_cantopen.rar

Any help would be appreciated. And no, I tried translating using a Hex Editor and the text still stays there, even I remove it from. It's definatly trying to use the .BMSG file because if I remove it from the disc the NPC are using reference codes instead of the speech. But direct manipulation of the file in Hex Editors doesn't change the dialog.

Here are some screenshots as well :

knighTeen87

• No More Room In Hell
    • View Profile
    • My personal site with Rom Hacks&Translations,Neo Geo Soundtracks,PSX Isos,CT 2007 Hack and more...t
Re: Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:37:35 am »
Oh my god, this news made my day! I was planning to play this without knowing what's going on but now I'll surely wait for this! THANK YOU SO MUCH AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Hubz

• LEVEL - 99++
    • View Profile
    • Spooky Tornado Studio
Re: Dragon Quest Monsters Battleroad Victory translation
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:34:20 pm »
Man I cannot wait for this to be translated. Keep up the great work!
- Hubz