News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Re: Victoly!  (Read 25346 times)

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Victoly!
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2017, 03:18:39 pm »
Beat Divinity Original Sin 2.

The best tactical RPG since Baldurs Gate 2. It's not flawless (quest bugs... :-\), but the combat is the new genre standard.

Also beat Mario & Rabbids on the Switch. Really fantastic game. It's amazing that this came so far out of left field and ended up being as good as it is. You don't notice that this one is from Ubisoft, it totally has the Nintendo feel of polish on it.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2017, 07:35:44 pm »
I just beat Donkey Kong 94, I've been playing it during my break time at work,
It's an absolutely amazing game, one of the best I've ever played and fun all the way to the end, and they did all this on the classic gameboy no less, it's a marvel of mechanics and presentation.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2017, 01:32:44 pm »
Yep, definitely one of the Top5 GB games.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2017, 07:50:18 pm »
I Just finished Persona 5 this week, and it's overall easily the best Persona game IMO (I've played all 5, and finished, 3, 4, and 5). It takes all the great stuff in the past games and makes them better, no contest, although there are a few things I have beef with.

--For one, the DLC difficulty should've been available for New Game + automatically.  It's clearly made for that purpose, and I would've liked to have it readily available.

--The endgame was a bit...blah for me, mostly because of how it progressed. Without spoiling anything, I was a little skeptical with the motivation for going to the bottom of Mementos, but I thought things went pretty well up until the developers seemed to try to recreate the almost perfect (IMO) endgame sequence from P3, but it fell pretty flat.  In fact, it actually felt pretty lame by the time everything wrapped up and I was onto the ending.  Not that there weren't good bits, but overall it was subpar to me.

--Finally, from what I understand of how NG+ works, the replay value is pretty poor, much like P4, in this game. Sure, there's a (poorly kept) secret boss, and I liked how they handled the carry over stuff, but I wish there was a bit more incentive to play again and max out all your social links other than a trophy.

Still, even with all these gripes, the way they handled social links, social stats, and most everything else was amazingly good and clearly much more balanced than past Persona games. I probably liked every character in this game and 90% of the plot better than the previous games, although P3 still has the best plot climax (and atmosphere too if I'm being brutally honest).

Isao Kronos

• Kiss From A Rose
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2017, 12:27:09 am »
I finally finished SRW Alpha 2 a week or two ago. I think that's all the SRWs for PS2 I care about (haha nope to impact or scramble commander).

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:44 pm »
Finshed BS Panel De Pon 98, while on the my way home tonight,
Have to say, that last mach was really tense, you need to move really fast to clear a large portion of the screen otherwise you get a game over near instantly, I'm not sure how this stacks up to the original version or Tetris Attack since I've never played either, I am picking up PDP original and the english patch now since this was pretty fun.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Degiheugi - Opening Credits - https://youtu.be/dGZmQQ8YDkk

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2017, 12:04:17 pm »
I finished the main endings for Nier: Automata today (there are officially 5, but really there's only 3 major endings).  The game is amazing in so many different ways, but like Nier I think the game world is a bit small and really doesn't do most of the plot justice. The setting is pretty amazing for the first half of the game, but the second half it's clear that things are going to get a little dull on that front.

That said, the battle/game systems are well done and I never really got bored on that front until the grinding for plugin chips and weapon materials set in. The plot is better (IMO) than Nier's simply because major plot points are bit more tangible this time, although the dark mood of the 2nd half is SO much better than Nier's. And as usual, the soundtrack is pretty perfect (I'm not a music snob, but every version of Weight of the World now ranks as one of my favorite game themes).

Basically, this game restored my faith a little in Square Enix--it's definitely worthy of pre-merger Square.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:13:12 pm by magictrufflez »

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »
Dark Cloud, final boss has attacks that can only be avoided by exploiting invulnerability frames from a certain special attack, also bullshit moves that force you to pause every few seconds and ridiculous damage output in general, luckily third phase was fucking sweet and had a great theme to go with it.

Might finish the Demon Shaft bonus level sometime, but definitely won't be doing another full playthrough until I forget how bad this one was, unlike it's sequel this game has not aged well at all.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2017, 09:54:31 pm »
I finished Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness today...and I'm conflicted.  I made a venting thread separate from this post, but I was surprised by the stuff I liked and the stuff that just kind of ticked me off.