News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Re: Victoly!  (Read 24999 times)

SleepyFist

• View Profile
Re: Victoly!
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2016, 07:57:01 pm »
Just beat Banjo Tooie for the very first time, Some of the collectibles were hidden in really bullshit locations and the final boss sucked but overall really fun otherwise, Cant wait for Yooka Laylee :thumbsup:
Sleepy's tune of the week: Persona 3 - Battle Hymn of the Soul - https://youtu.be/bK8vpWIvA9o

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2016, 01:55:04 am »
Beat Salamander 2 for the Arcade!  ;D
:woot!: Seeking translators for some small project work!
8x8 Icons

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2016, 03:34:57 pm »
XCOM2 was as good as expected. Well at least gameplay wise. In technical terms the game's a disaster. If you liked the first, get the second, once they put out three or four patches...

Also done with Mordheim. I put up a review on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaioshin62/recommended/276810/
I didn't beat it, but I've got my fill.

Next up I definitely need to find something not turn-based...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:27:48 am by KaioShin »
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Victoly!
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2016, 06:06:53 pm »
wrong review link. when i click it it tells me to write my own review
_-|-_

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2016, 02:28:14 am »
Fixed, thanks for wanting to read it.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2016, 07:45:47 pm »
Bumping Victoly topic :P
Just beat Undertale: Neutral route, I was going for True Pacifist route on my first run but got knocked off by mistake when i killed a Migosp in the ruins, Im gonna give it a rest for a week and then come back.
Sleepy's tune of the week: Persona 3 - Battle Hymn of the Soul - https://youtu.be/bK8vpWIvA9o

Isao Kronos

• Kiss From A Rose
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2016, 07:49:51 pm »
can't true pacifist on a first run, also ayyylmao undertale

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:43 am »
can't true pacifist on a first run, also ayyylmao undertale
I... didn't know this, I guess I'll take that as an indicator that im doing a pretty good job of avoiding spoilers (and basic info) then.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2016, 07:59:25 am »
Beat Dark Souls 3. It was high quality as usual, but it also seems pretty clear that there is nothing new to add to the formular. I'm kinda glad the series is finished now.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2016, 10:03:02 am »
Beat Dark Souls 3. It was high quality as usual, but it also seems pretty clear that there is nothing new to add to the formular. I'm kinda glad the series is finished now.
Good to know - thanks for the info! I'm going to save myself 50 bucks and 50+ hours, then. ;D
Also thanks for the earlier XCom2 warning. I'm not sure if they fixed much of it yet? (They did the same thing for XCom 1... and Enemy Within is still in so-so state with regards to stability, it seems. Have you played it?)

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »
I haven't touched X-Com2 again since I stopped playing it, so I have no idea if they fixed the technical issues or not, sorry.

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Victoly!
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2016, 09:53:14 am »
They did fix some of the technical issue. My game performs muuuuch better now. I havent played it much since part of me got a burnout after 2 regular runs and then a couple of tries at Long War on xcm1
_-|-_

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2016, 02:25:12 pm »
Finished Undertale: True Pacifist Route, I don't plan on doing Genocide though.
I really like how TP route ended and I don't really feel obligated to ruin all of that for the sake of completion.
Also Overtale is going to be pulling from UT data so I'm curious how that's gonna effect things.

KaioShin

• View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2016, 03:24:40 pm »
My first game of Stellaris already ended with a galaxy conquest. I'm pretty shocked, especially since I learned the game as I played and there was stuff that would have sped up my early development ten fold that I only realized 20 hours into the game. But hey, I played all the other Paradox games and other 4X as well, so I can't really call myself a beginner. Still, I have to wonder if the game is that easy or if I got lucky somehow.

To give a short review, it's a solid game, and I'm sure it'll become a great one after 2 or 3 expansions. This is Paradox, the base game is always just the foundation. If you are interested in Paradox games, it's worth a play already. But I'll wait for more playthroughs until there have been expansions. The game still has issues: UI, missing comfort features, abusable bugs and most importantly missing victory conditions - just picking your own like in EU doesn't work here nearly as well since the starting conditions are much more fixed. It's not a completely different game if you start with France or Japan like EU. I don't feel like I'd get a completely different perspective by switching to another species for a second playthrough.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2016, 09:52:27 am »
Just beat LiEat 1,2,&3
Honestly the easiest RPGs I have ever played, especially if you find the hidden ultimate weapons which allow you to one shot nearly anything, Despite being short and easy the story was really good and ends well, I Just wish there was a fourth game.

They're available for Free at VGPerson's website or for cheap on steam if anyone wants to check them out.

MegaManJuno

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2016, 11:34:34 am »
Haven't posted here in a while, since I just mainly stick to tracking my stuff on backloggery these days, but there was one thing I wanted to note.

I recently played through Adventures of Mana on my Shield TV. For anyone who disliked the liberties taken with Sword of Mana for the GBA, this is a much more faithful remake of Final Fantasy Adventure for the GB.

Bobolicious81

• Keeper of the Taco Sandwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2016, 07:51:48 pm »
For quite some time I'd been unable to beat my high score on Tetris Party Live for DSi, but I decided to try again while ...under the influence... a few days ago and shattered my old record by 60,000 points   :laugh:

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2016, 09:21:39 pm »
I finished off "Another Star" today, in an effort to trim my Steam backlog.

For anyone who likes old-school turn-based RPG's, you really need to get your hands on this game, at least buy it on sale.  The plot isn't mind-blowing, but it's good, and the writing/world-building are pretty legit.  Gameplay-wise, it's surprisingly deep for what's essentially a Master System game.  Lots of customization options as far as the difficulty curve, so even if you don't appreciate the old-school grind, but like the old-school feel, it's very adjustable to your comfort level.

Also, I'm always skeptical of retro-style games that bill themselves as having "20 hours of content"--this one definitely has 20 hours of legit content, and pretty good content IMO.

/endnerdout

shadowmanwkp

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2016, 10:35:41 am »
Recently did a minimum HP for kingdom hearts: chain of memories (gba). The last bosses are really hard, and I got frustrated enough that when I got to Marluxia, I filled my deck with 9 and 0-valued attack cards and cheesed my way through it. Considering one of Marluxia's basic attacks can shave off 80% off your health, I think it was warranted.

Also completed Gunvolt a few weeks back, I'm now hunting for the last gem to get the true ending, however the game has been on the backburner since then.

Isao Kronos

• Kiss From A Rose
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2016, 11:44:20 pm »
Finished Tales of Xillia 2 last week while i was without net lol