News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Robot Wars A Portable (PSP) English translation project (complete)  (Read 193980 times)

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
Hey folks I seem to have hit a wall with regards to unlocking "Lalah Sune".

According to this guide...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/psp/944739-super-robot-taisen-a-portable/faqs/57037

...I should perform these four battles...

2) On Scenario 11, those four battles must occur:
   Amuro x Lalah
   Amuro x Char
   Sayla x Lalah
   Sayla x Char

However, that needed battle between Sayla and Lalah doesn't trigger any pre-fight dialogue. And once the mission is over, both Lalah and Char do not appear on Chapter 12 :o

What am I doing wrong here? :/

ExL

• View Profile
That's strange, I got Lalah following the very same guide :o
Maybe there's some difference in order of encounters or something else? I've played with Lamia on Aschenritter and had Gundam + D-Fighter, as far as I can remember I've separated Gundam MA attacked Lalah with Sayla and then with Amuro, after that went for Char :huh:

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
@ExL:

Never mind, I was mistaken. I'm currently still in chapter nine "Delaz Fleet". I was just confused because I saw Char and Lalah show up it seems  :huh:

Also that's the exact same path I took in this current playthrough, Lamia on Aschenritter

MariusThePaladin

• View Profile
Congratulations on finishing the project! I have been looking forward to this.   :thumbsup:

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
Re: Super Robot Wars A Portable (PSP) English translation project (complete)
« Reply #364 on: August 07, 2018, 02:07:47 am »
Here's a garbled "Chapter Introduction" screen from my current "Real Robot Lamia" playthrough.

RFE - Addendum:

Four chapters after...

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:23:53 pm by Cahos Rahne Veloza »

Isao Kronos

• Dogman
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 09, 2018, 12:50:10 am »
what renderer settings etc in the emulator are you using

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2018, 04:33:13 pm »
what renderer settings etc in the emulator are you using

Direct3D 11 as Vulkan crashes the game and I've also got Hardware Transform ticked on. Everything else is as is as per the emulator's (PPSSPP) defaults.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2018, 04:17:40 am »
By the way, a subject came up while researching the issue: it seems that some ASM hacks won't work on the PS3. So just in case, I'm asking: are there any chances that some changes were applied around the syscall initiating the saves?

Thanks for the help

Hi redleaves. Not sure how to find a solution for this, but I can tell that there are quite a few ASM-level changes to make the translation work, including some deep-down LBA changes, and the data passed to the save had to be changed for translation.

Got a little bug report.  Can't easily screenshot at the moment but it's really easy to reproduce.

Changing Aschenretter's name in any way causes extra spaces to be appended to the name you give it.  This doesn't happen with any of the other mechs, it's likely caused by the default name running over the 10 letter maximum.  (It does properly delete the extra 2 letters on the end, just fails to properly truncate blank spaces.)
Hi Reiska. Yes, stuff like that can happen. To be honest, the renaming function was a tough one to try and take care of, and there is still some work that could be done there. The main problem with it being that the dialog text doesn't get changed to match the length of the new name. But the problem you raise is separate. I honestly don't think I'll bother cook up a fix for this, so if someone in the community wants to stand up and do it, I'll happily merge that into the next patch.

@Cahos: Thanks for reporting these 2 title problems. A fix will be part of the next patch update.

(Sorry all for the slow updates. Please keep the reports coming.)

EDIT: Posting a 1.01 patch update with the fixes done since the 1.00 was released. Hopefully that covers most of everyone's feedbacks.
EDIT: Actually, for some reason, RHDN now filters out the xdelta.exe files from that patch. So the patch as is needs you to download xdelta from somewhere else first. I'll chat with the admins to understand that, and see how it can be fixed (though it likely means you do have to download xdelta first, which means I can't be sure of its name, which probably means batch won't work anymore.) On-going.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:36:39 am by BlackDog61 »

faridamir95

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 13, 2018, 03:24:25 am »
can anyone help me with cwcheat..the old cwcheat does not work anymore. i need cwcheat for:
max kill
max exp
max money
all robot parts
all pilot parts
all ace

Isao Kronos

• Dogman
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:31 pm »
Please read the thread, someone posted updated CWCheats earlier in the thread.

Cahos Rahne Veloza

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2018, 09:53:04 pm »
I think we might also need to wait for an updated cwcheat file to be released seeing as the translation patch is now version 1.01 and the codes might no longer work because of the new changes.

bukopandan

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2018, 01:45:31 am »
I think we might also need to wait for an updated cwcheat file to be released seeing as the translation patch is now version 1.01 and the codes might no longer work because of the new changes.

No worries, translation patches don't affect cheat performance even if you update so the codes posted on the previous pages of this thread will still work. 
My Youtube Channel where I demonstrate my mad video gaming skills. Kekekek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos

SCO

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2018, 02:13:19 am »
This patch was updated from 1.00 to 1.01 in the romhacking.net page but i didn't see a checksum change of the final result. Was this a uploader mistake or did the old '1.00' already contain the 1.01 changes (because it did or because someone made a mistake when first updating to 1.01 and left the same version on the page and i downloaded it on that window)?

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2018, 02:02:45 pm »
This patch was updated from 1.00 to 1.01 in the romhacking.net page but i didn't see a checksum change of the final result. Was this a uploader mistake or did the old '1.00' already contain the 1.01 changes (because it did or because someone made a mistake when first updating to 1.01 and left the same version on the page and i downloaded it on that window)?
I not 100% sure I understand but let me try and answer.
The original ISO characteristics (including CRC) don't change since we're still patching from clean Japanese ISO.
The patched ISO is different and 1.00 didn't have the typo fixes etc from 1.01. CRC could be the same as 1.00 patched ISO, since a CRC isn't totally unique, but it is very unlikely.
I'm not sure what happened in the specific case you mention, but if the game plays, just enjoy it.
;D

EDIT: I'm not sure if the patch went through proper, so I guess I'll just go ahead and re-post.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:27:44 pm by BlackDog61 »

SCO

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2018, 01:38:22 pm »
It's the final patched iso md5sums that didn't change from 1.00 to 1.01 (i'm doing PRs for the retroarch hacks database semi-automatically with a tool i wrote)

This is completely impossible to be a false positive - especially because the tool calculates md5, crc32 and sha1 for the dat file and compares it to the Retroarch repository copy i had committed some months before - except if there was a mistake uploading things - either the 'new' patch on rhdnet is still the old patch or i downloaded the previous time i patched (not this last one) when the version number was wrong but 1.01 was already uploaded.

I'm just posting this for the actual hackers to make sure they uploaded the right patch not the old one.

edit:

btw here is proof:

3 months ago, i introduced the game block

2 days ago i repatched with a new download of the rhdnet archive and it came out with the same md5

edit: this was fixed by a new upload.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 10:11:08 pm by SCO »

pauloarkana

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 27, 2018, 09:58:04 am »
Great translation  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DragonFang

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »
Just got myself a decent Android 8.1 phone and now I can say it works 100% flawlessly on my phone too. PPSSPP being as top-notch as ever too (if only every emu had such a great GUI).

So thanks again for the great translation of a game I otherwise would have never played. Now I can play it no matter where I am!  ;D

oorn

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2018, 05:31:25 pm »
I just registered especially to thank you for this translation, waited for it so many years.

linksword01

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2018, 05:06:09 pm »
Thank you for this. I loved SRWAP, and was eagerly awaiting this to finish.

So, I can't get the cheats to work, so I'll wait for new ones to appear or a PPSSPP compatible save to appear.

Again, Congrats!
 :woot!:

Isao Kronos

• Dogman
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2018, 02:11:04 am »
Thank you for this. I loved SRWAP, and was eagerly awaiting this to finish.

So, I can't get the cheats to work, so I'll wait for new ones to appear or a PPSSPP compatible save to appear.

Again, Congrats!
 :woot!:

As I have said there are new CWCheats in the thread somewhere.