News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Robot Wars A Portable (PSP) English translation project (complete)  (Read 241362 times)

Digitsie

• View Profile
Re: Super Robot Wars A Portable (PSP) English translation project
« Reply #240 on: January 03, 2017, 04:10:00 pm »
Wait, what updated Tears to Tiara translation patch? I haven't heard about -that-.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:31 am »
Wait, what updated Tears to Tiara translation patch? I haven't heard about -that-.
Woops. Wrong game name. (Let me edit that back.) That's gotta be because of some wrong click on the link at the wrong crossroads...
I meant to refer to this Tear Ring Saga re-translation: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2812/
It's a Fire Emblem clone (hard not to see the lineage...) on the PSX.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:06 am »
I'd like to wish us a happy 3rd birthday! I'm a bit late, but end of January marks the start of the fourth year of Super Robot Wars A Portable - The Ultimate Final Dynamic Translation!

I was wondering if we shouldn't turn all dialog into Dragon Quest Monster chatter?  :laugh:
Ah, I guess I'm a bit early for April's fools jokes!

DragonFang

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2017, 05:23:11 pm »
I'd like to wish us a happy 3rd birthday! I'm a bit late, but end of January marks the start of the fourth year of Super Robot Wars A Portable - The Ultimate Final Dynamic Translation!

I was wondering if we shouldn't turn all dialog into Dragon Quest Monster chatter?  :laugh:
Ah, I guess I'm a bit early for April's fools jokes!

You could. But that might have the unfortunate side-effect of SOMEONE taking the time to make sure you're really absolutely permanently fused with your sofa. :laugh:

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2017, 04:38:23 am »
You could. But that might have the unfortunate side-effect of SOMEONE taking the time to make sure you're really absolutely permanently fused with your sofa. :laugh:
;D Poor sofa!

PubLicEneMyNumBah1

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2017, 10:32:35 am »
It's been more than a year since I last played the demo but I just began playing again and noticed one more thing. If you didn't have a save file, the message "There is no Suspend Data. Would you like to create one?" appears. I just thought that suspend is an odd choice of word. Shouldn't save fit better or am I missing a reference?

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2017, 03:05:15 pm »
It's been more than a year since I last played the demo but I just began playing again and noticed one more thing. If you didn't have a save file, the message "There is no Suspend Data. Would you like to create one?" appears. I just thought that suspend is an odd choice of word. Shouldn't save fit better or am I missing a reference?
Hi there, PEMNB1!
There are 3 types of game saves in SRW AP (probably much like others):
- "Suspend" Save: when you save during a level. This gets loaded when you select "Continue" from the main menu. (Japanese refers to "システムデータ".)
- "Normal" Save at the intermission  menu.
- "Game Clear" Save after you've cleared the game, before you start a new run.
There's no "System" save in the usually meant sense, i.e. something that would contain only what you've unlocked so far, such as which entries in the robopedia are available.

In summary, we prefered "Suspend" to "System" because it's clearer that it refers to saving your game to continue later.

Does that make sense?

Note: Since you've brought our focus on this, we've decided to rename the save game "title" (as you see it when you try to load it, or when you browse from the PSP's main menu). We'll be using "SRW A Intermission" and "SRW A Suspend Save". Hopefully that further makes it clearer. Thanks for bringing the topic to the table! ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:28:54 pm by BlackDog61 »

PubLicEneMyNumBah1

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2017, 07:54:42 pm »
Yeah, that clarifies it. I'm just now looking for things that I can criticize (in a good way) before it gets released. :woot!:
I'm really excited to play the entire story.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2017, 12:29:30 pm »
I'm just now looking for things that I can criticize (in a good way) before it gets released. :woot!:
Sure - that's the spirit!  :thumbsup:

I'm really excited to play the entire story.
That too, is the spirit!  ;D

papita69xxx

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2017, 01:03:45 am »
Over half of the script already translated and updates keep coming. I´m hopeful this will get added as one of the few SRW with full translation. Keep up the great work

DragonFang

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2017, 02:19:14 pm »
Over half of the script already translated and updates keep coming. I´m hopeful this will get added as one of the few SRW with full translation. Keep up the great work

The translations that cancel generally have little communication with fans, usually an announcement every 2-3 months. This team has been very communicative, which is a good sign. Pretty confident they'll get the job done, even without inside-knowledge. :beer:

CharRomznable

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:19 pm »
So first things off, thank you so, so much for working on this! SRW is one of my favorite video game franchises of all time, as I really enjoy watching mecha anime (Gundam's 08th MS Team was the very first anime I ever watched!) and well, I'm sure you all know this is basically the dream of mecha fans haha. Especially appreciate SRW A because it's got a lot of those classic Gundam UC suits, and that's truly amazing, especially as I'm playing through Alpha right now and it's really interesting seeing how different these suits can be from game to game, a generation to another, yet retain some of the animation and key design points.

But I digress! Now, what I wanted to ask you guys, and this may be a very weird question, but as someone who has no programming knowledge whatsoever, and no proficiency in translating japanese to english, is there anyway we can still get involved and help? It's great seeing the project making progress of course, but I was wondering if I could in any way get involved.

Either way, again, huge thanks for this! This is really a game and series I adore and I'm genuinely thankful there are people out there working on this :)

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2017, 02:32:47 pm »
Hi there, CharRomznable!
Thanks for your generous offer. We're happy you feel this way about the project. At the moment, we don't need more help. We just have to let our friendly and efficient translator "have at it".
Maybe you could play a little G-Generation Overworld in the meantime?  8)
Please keep reading us! It feels good to know we're actually doing this for people besides us.

DragonFang

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2017, 08:55:30 pm »
Hi there, CharRomznable!
Thanks for your generous offer. We're happy you feel this way about the project. At the moment, we don't need more help. We just have to let our friendly and efficient translator "have at it".
Maybe you could play a little G-Generation Overworld in the meantime?  8)
Please keep reading us! It feels good to know we're actually doing this for people besides us.

I could figuratively kiss you right now. I wasn't even aware of that translation, and it's even 100%. I think I'm going to be busy for a while once it releases. (I actually still own 2 PSPs!  ;D)

PubLicEneMyNumBah1

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2017, 03:45:49 am »
Yeah. I've downloaded the patch for G-Gen. Overworld and will patch later.  :thumbsup:

Back to SRW A Portable, I find it odd that Hidler sometimes capitalizes the first letter of some words that don't need it but I realized that it just could be part of his bombastic personality.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2017, 05:02:28 am »
Back to SRW A Portable, I find it odd that Hidler sometimes capitalizes the first letter of some words that don't need it but I realized that it just could be part of his bombastic personality.
German does that - nouns get written Nouns. So it iz indeed part of his "vritten accent", if you vill.

CharRomznable

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2017, 07:31:58 am »
Well thanks for making me aware of the Overworld patch! It's actually pretty fun, shame it doesn't have a proper story mode but other than that, it's pretty cool to collect suits and all.
No worries, good luck with the rest of the translation then! Excited to see what you guys come up with in the future :)

BlackDog61

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2017, 12:22:03 pm »
Well thanks for making me aware of the Overworld patch!
My pleasure! (Has anyone noticed yours truly in the list of beta testers, hmm?  ::) )

[Overworld] It's actually pretty fun, shame it doesn't have a proper story mode but other than that, it's pretty cool to collect suits and all.
For the record, it has "more of a story" than Genesis, in the sense that there is an original story in Overworld, albeit it being a short one. You'll see that in the final stages of each rank, and then in the Core thingy. (All in due time.)
This story has nothing to do with a nice, full-fledge SRW episode, of course.

February 25, 2017, 11:06:29 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
The wind blows, Overworld gets a warm welcome from fans, SRW V gets released (with a good translation, at that, I hear, and easy difficulty)... All the while TheMajinZenki is hard at work with CyberSonic and just got over 60% story translation!
Live happy, people.  8)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 11:06:29 am by BlackDog61 »

pauloarkana

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2017, 01:14:05 am »
60 %!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DragonFang

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2017, 09:42:55 am »
And we're back! Romhacking scared me for a bit, with this project. :(