It is with great pleasure that we hereby share with you a demo patch
This is a translation and fully playable version of the first 4 episodes, on all four routes (male/female x super/real).
While we're not claiming for it to be perfect, we're pretty happy with it. And you shouldn't see any Japanese whatsoever.
... And of course, feed us back! We're doing this for that very purpose: know what you like, what you would want to see changed, etc. So look at graphics, story, text layout, pedia entries, weapon names... anything and everything that matters to you. And post here what you think.
We'd appreciate constructive feedback (i.e. "explained opinions"). it's the best way for us to take your view into account.
What is in this demo:
- Episodes 1-4, for all possible choices of characters/robots
- Translated story dialog for these episodes
- Translated battle cries for all involved pilots!
- Translated encyclopaedia entries for these "early bird" pilots and units
- Translated items, weapons, robot names, skills, spirits...
- Translated graphics
- A little something when you reach the end of the demo.
What is not in this demo:
- The possibility to play beyond episode 5 (included)
Known bugs at the time of patch release:
- Because of its special ending, the game crashes on real hardware
. While we don't like this, it certainly will automatically disappear on the real game.
- When you rename your character or robot, extra space is introduced at its end. This needs fixing. Please stick with the default names in the meantime.
Known limitations that will remain for the final release:
- When you rename your character / robot to a long name, some screens just cannot take it. Since the game uses a variable-width font, it is kind of a pain to limit it on purpose at the time of editing. So choice is yours: use a short-to-normal name and seamlessly play, or use a longer name you like but be tolerant to some text overflowing a bit from its natural location.
- Using Japanese saves is possible, but will result in the name of the main character / robot being incorrect and may make the game use the Japanese version of thegame save icon.
- Japanese game cheats [EDIT] mostly do not work. Try your luck!
We think none of this should mar your experience.
We'd like to give our THANKS to all that have been with us so far.
(And also to the army of translator who, will, no doubt, want to sign up after this!
Black, for the team
PS: It took us 20 months to get there, so... Don't expect any short-term next release.
Have a beer while waiting!