This is the project page for the English translation of Super Robot Wars A Portable on the PSP. This turn-based strategy game boasts well-known anime mecha series
- Getter Robo, G's Benkei, Shin Getter Robo
- Gundams-a-plenty! MS Gundam, Char's Counter attack, The 08th MS Team, 0083: Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, Gundam ZZ, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- Metal Armor Dragonar
- Martian Successor Nadesico
- Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, UFO Robo Grendizer
- Combattler V, Voltes V, Tosho Daimos
- Daitarn 3, Zambot 3
- and some of the Banpresto Original characters from SRW OG (no Excellen, though, but enough beauties, don't worry
Our goal is to translate the full game - that is everything except audio speech (and also maybe a few stylistic Japanese characters in the battle animations, for martial arts for instance - Japanese writing rocks there!)
Without further ado, here are some shining gems for you!
- Latest demo patch:
This covers episodes 1-4 on all four routes.
Note: We share patches infrequently, so don't be surprised if we say we are ahead of what you can play.
- Battle animations videos
from the demo carousel - and others
- Let's play the first episode of the Super Robot, Male hero route
- The translated title screen:
- Intermission screen:
(Here is the original one for comparison
- Translation of battle quotes, items, names, titles, spirits, weapons, bonuses, skills & abilities: TheMajinZenki
- Edition of battle quotes & story: JeftahX, SSJCyberSonic, Sporky McForkinspoon, KyrilSolin
- Texan accent editing: Blaine_Kodos
- Programming, various reviews: BlackDog61
- Early testing: Lord Oddeye (and other team members)
- With expert consulting from Kingcom, Dashman, JamRules & furrykef
- Wildly based on the story translation guide from Ikusagami, re-translated by TheMajinZenki
- Using Klarth's (great!) TableLib and also sjisdump
- Thanks to AGundam, MrWorm, MarsRaven, cj_iwakura and others for their interest.Current status:
(last update: 2018/02/25)- Story: 86.4%
(new translation, variable-width font included)
. Translated & edited: 40 episodes
- 01 (Super Male & Super Female & Real Female & Real Male), 02 (Super & Real Male & Female), 03-08 (Super & Real), 09-12 Devil, 09-12 Space, 13-16, 17 (Nanbara Connection, Big Falcon, Guinea), 18-25, 26 Devil & Mariemaia, 27-32.
. Next episode(s):
33 being translated.- Battle quotes:
100% translated and edited - Done.
Spoiler: - Menus & other text:
. Translated characters list:
Lemon, Vindel, Genpachiro, Saburota, Akatsuki, Tsukomo, Izumi, Hikaru Amano, Ryoko, Gai Daigoji, Emperor Olban, Raiza, General Balbas, Admiral Richter, Kyoshiro, General Jangal, Prince Heinel, Commander & Lady Gandal, General Blacky, Minister Zuril, King Vega, Empress Janera, Warchimedes, Rubina, Kirika, Hikaru Makiba, Maria Grace Fleed, Killer the Butcher, Koros, Commander Mylene, Commander Torres, Great Marshall of Hell, Jin, Turchinov, Ganan, Werner, Karl, Dan, Min, Gol, Wufei, Zechs, Quatre, Duo, Trowa, Wong, Master Asia, Allenby, Argo, George, Chibodee, Sai Saici, Genichiro, Schwarz, Rain, Karius, Neuen, Delaz, Kayra, Cima, Kelly, Burning, Aina, Ginias, Ramba Ral, Gaia, Mash, Ortega, Kochoki, Lisa, Emperor Burai, Michiru, Miyuki, Jack, Benkei, Noin, Rosamia / Rosammy, Roux, Sayla, Puru Two, Haman, Fuunsaiki, Light, Hayato, Musashi, Quattro, Fa, Berserk Kyoji, Mashymre, Chara, Rakan, Bright, Meganoid Soldier, Giganos Soldier, Shadow Mirror Soldier, Baam Soldier, Hakkotsuki, Hidler, Char, Lamia [main character & enemy versions], Axel [enemy version], Tapp, Meio, DG Rain, Hyoma, Gun Jem, Kappei, Icer, Liser, Banjo, Duke, Ryoma, Tekkoki, Kinta, Dungele, Kenichi, Vega Soldier, Kazuya, Aizam, Yurika (+Minato, Megumi, Ruri, Mr. Prospector), Jovian Soldier/Officer, Akito, Domon, Heero, Mariemaia Soldier, Kaine, Kamille, Four, Glemy, Puru, Judau, Zeon Cyber-NT Soldier, Warrant Officer Tehen, Gato, Lalah, Kou, Shiro, Norris, Amuro, Koji, Sayaka, Boss, Tetsuya, Jun, Great General of Darkness, Axel (main character versions & enemy version), Zeon Soldier. (AI and Zombie soldiers too
done.- Known bugs and limitations:
. Using a Japanese save will prevent the game from creating translated icons.
. Using a "counter" skill item will not effectively teach the skill to the pilot. (This is a known bug of the original game.)
. Cheat codes and the like may not work with the translation due to stuff having moved in memory. They will have to be created anew.- Things we've improved upon the original game:
. Fixed Prof. Yotsuya speaking out of turn in mission 2 (likely copy paste between routes)
. Making characters disappear from screen when they walk away and people "talk in their back" after that.
. Adding humor here and there. Because why not?
. Extra Trivia in the Pilot pedia, thanks to TheMajinZenki being a true fan, and because Bright deserved it, too.NO MORE HELP WANTED:
We're going forward happily with our current team roster. We're happy with more cheering, though! FAQ:
And for the usual questions - and a little trivia:
- "When will this be released?"
Probably not before 2018. I mean, a bit less than a quarter of the story has to be tackled and that has to take time to be done well.
- "OK but when will the next demo patch be released?"
Probably not until the game is finished. We don't want to over-commit to you, and we don't want to put pressure on a small team.
- "Could I get a menu patch without the story?"
We're going for the full, whole 9 yards translation. As such, we're not planning for any intermediate release to be used as menu patches.
- "How big is the game?"
Here are some "fun facts" figures: 58 missions, 26k lines of story text, 13k lines of battle quotes, 7k short lines of other text, 490+ weapons, 428 mechs, 88 playable characters among a cast of 199, 61 musics.
- "Why this game?"
First because the story translation guide was available, pushing BlackDog61 towards this SRW entry over others. Even if we gave up on using it a bit later down the road. Also, please thank Kingcom and Lakmir for influencing us in choosing the PSP version rather than the GBA one.
Then of course, once TheMajinZenki joined, a virtuous circle of emulation was created, so that's what got us going!
Tested on PSP "fat" with 6.60 ME-1.8, PSP-2000 with 6.60 PRO-B10, PSP 3000, and ppsspp emulator.
We hope to post updates monthly - more when we're active. Stay tuned!