News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SNES Shadowrun Karma Points and Nuyen  (Read 2187 times)

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
SNES Shadowrun Karma Points and Nuyen
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:09:09 pm »
I love Shadowrun. It's a kick-ass game. It's been a while since I've played it from start to finish for one specific reason. So, I'd like to hack it in an attempt to negate the excessive amounts of grinding required during certain parts of the game by raising the amount of karma points and nuyen received from enemies. I assume this would be a simple fix once I found out what information needed to be altered but I have no idea how to go about finding that specific data. Anyone have any suggestions?
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: SNES Shadowrun Karma Points and Nuyen
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 09:10:34 am »
In the docs available from the Getting Started section, some people mentioned the method by which you compare 3 memory dumps (one before getting more money and one after) and hope you find the right info that way. Of course you an also do a lot of other things that don't involve getting money, and compare the memory dumps, to confirm that some of the changes you see are not money-related.
Or examine files from the game and hope to find some enemy stats. You need to know quite a few and use patience to skim through all of the data...

RetroHelix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:33 am »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 05:47:59 pm »
Cool. Thanks guys. :)
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.