News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Changing Sonic's awful jumping sound from Spnic CD?  (Read 2142 times)

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Changing Sonic's awful jumping sound from Spnic CD?
« on: December 18, 2014, 11:18:21 am »
I could never grow fond to Sonic CD.
I have tried, A LOT, but the damn jump sound that Sonic does hurts my taste and ears.
I always wanted to be able to have a version of Sonic CD that had the jump sound from the original trilogy (S1, S2 & S3&K).

Is there a way to possibly HEX edit that sound from the game to resemble the good old jump?
I'm talking about the Sega CD version, not the PC port.

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Changing Sonic's awful jumping sound from Spnic CD?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 11:48:11 pm »
Try this. Also this. That being said, there's nothing in the hacking guide regarding replacing sound effects specifically, so you may want to redirect your question towards the forums. However, judging from your conclusion that tweaking hex values will adjust the jumping sound, you'll in all likelihood be told to start from a beginners guide.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
Re: Changing Sonic's awful jumping sound from Spnic CD?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:47:37 am »
Try this. Also this. That being said, there's nothing in the hacking guide regarding replacing sound effects specifically, so you may want to redirect your question towards the forums. However, judging from your conclusion that tweaking hex values will adjust the jumping sound, you'll in all likelihood be told to start from a beginners guide.
I just said the thing about the HEX values because most of my hacking experience is done by HEX entirely.
It's my comfort zone :D