News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: The Simplified Hacks Just Keep Coming!  (Read 10246 times)

locolol

• That penguin sure looks pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: The Simplified Hacks Just Keep Coming!
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 11:44:08 pm »
Well, i tried it using fceux 2.2.2 but again,same results hahah  ;D
As you suggested i recorded a video of my problem  :) (sorry for the poor quality & lack of audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkGdC97zNc

Megafield64

• Animate Your World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 07:32:35 am »
I like the palette changes to SMB Reved Up, but I've no need of a ramped-up difficulty.

If you have a couple hours to throw around sometime, could you perhaps do a simple palette hack of SMB?

I tried once, but it didn't turn out so well.

Actually, you're hack is what inspired me to make my color changes.  I just wrote a quick review on it.

Well, i tried it using fceux 2.2.2 but again,same results hahah  ;D
As you suggested i recorded a video of my problem  :) (sorry for the poor quality & lack of audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkGdC97zNc

That is so odd.  I don't see you doing anything out of the ordinary in that video.  I'm stumped on why the game won't let you continue.   :-[  If I can't find a problem, I can't fix it.  I'm going to upload a video of me playing that spot as well and you will see you're not doing anything different from me.  This is baffling.   :banghead:
Youtube isn't accepting the file that fceux produces as a video file.  How do I convert it so it can be uploaded?

November 20, 2014, 07:43:54 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Googie, No Mega Man 6 Simplified.

I'm currently working on Castlevania III Simplified.  Once that's finished and posted, I'll get to work on Mega Man V Simplified and Mega Man VI Simplifed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:47:18 am by Megafield64 »
Making games easier, one romhack at a time.

locolol

• That penguin sure looks pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 09:58:24 am »

That is so odd.  I don't see you doing anything out of the ordinary in that video.  I'm stumped on why the game won't let you continue.   :-[  If I can't find a problem, I can't fix it.  I'm going to upload a video of me playing that spot as well and you will see you're not doing anything different from me.  This is baffling.   :banghead:
Youtube isn't accepting the file that fceux produces as a video file.  How do I convert it so it can be uploaded?

Oh , no problem , i'll keep trying different stuff or dumps  :)

And this is what i did when i recorded that youtube video:
Click on "File" > AVI/WAV > Record AVI > name your video

A dialog will appear , you can select your preferred codec (I used Xvid codec for that little video)

Make your longplay/demo,etc and when you're done just click on "File" > AVI/WAV > Stop AVI
And that's all i did :P i uploaded the video to youtube without any problem (my video had no audio because i disabled it on the emulator) :thumbsup:

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 10:13:13 am »
The ROM identified in the hack page is what GoodNES identifies as "(JU)(PRG 0)".
As I understand there's at least three versions of SMB: 2 versions of the NTSC ("JU"), and a PAL version.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Korxroa

• Korxtendo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 10:57:43 am »
@Megafield64: Suck,
rock5easily's Rockman 6 Editor doesn't support US version of Mega Man VI.

Use Japan ver. of Mega Man VI called "Rockman 6 Simplified", you can edit level via Rock5easily's Rockman 6 Editor.

That is so odd.  I don't see you doing anything out of the ordinary in that video.  I'm stumped on why the game won't let you continue.   :-[   If I can't find a problem, I can't fix it.  I'm going to upload a video of me playing that spot as well and you will see you're not doing anything different from me.  This is baffling.   :banghead: Youtube isn't accepting the file that fceux produces as a video file.  How do I convert it so it can be uploaded?

SMB Simplified and Mega Man 1~4 Simplified with Gameplay/Playthough on Upload to Youtube.
FceUX Emulator and Open ROM SMB or MM with Hack, File -> AVI/WAV -> Record AVI... -> Save AVI your Desktop or My Videos Folder.
Select Compressor Cinepak Codec by Radius or Microsoft Video 1 -> OK, AVI Recording and Let's Play Game with ROM Hack.
File -> AVI/WAV -> Stop AVI and Close FceUX Emulator, Edit Video using Camtasia Studio.

Try Camtasia Studio not like Windows Movie Maker.
Resize Dimension 256x224 or 256x240 for PAL ver. to 720p HD (not 480p or 1080p) and Save MP4 or AVI.

My Korxroa's Uploaded Mega Man 4 Simplified by Megafield64 Full Playthough -> 720p / Size 173 MB / File Type MP4 / 50 Minutes.
No Legal Game Mega Man 4 ROM Hack on YT, Isn't Capcom Sound Theme (Set No Audio via Audio Settings in Camtasia Studio).
The Last Fun Life

Coconuts 500

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 07:23:47 am »
Wonderful! I love this! I'm so sick of ROM hacks making games HARDER. I like my games to be easy, and therefore I never get to enjoy anything like this.

Mega Man is a game I like in theory, but not in practice  - far too difficult. This will be sweet! I loved Mega Man 10 on easy mode.

Megafield64

• Animate Your World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 06:07:36 pm »
Here's the video of me playing through 8-4 and completing the castle.  As you can see, we both essentially did the same thing.  I don't see how the game is preventing you from continuing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a5njfdhwaY&list=UUyYpBroLIBAwmQK_at9L0Xg
Making games easier, one romhack at a time.