News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: .PGF files  (Read 2096 times)

Olt

• View Profile
.PGF files
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »
Has anyone had any experience processing .PGF? It's a raster image format, likely used for fonts in a game that I'm currently digging into.

The only program I found online on this format: https://github.com/tpunix/pgftool

But I have no idea how to use this, or how to compile it in C and then execute it - I'm a noob. :/

I can email .PGF files I'm looking at if anyone wants to have a go, but would rather learn how to do this. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: .PGF files
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:38:25 pm »
But I have no idea how to use this, or how to compile it in C and then execute it - I'm a noob. :/
So git gud?  >:D

It's not so hard to get it running.  Are you familiar with the command line at all?  Would you happen to have some sort of Linux installation handy?
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

puzzledude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 09:19:02 am »
With a compiler. These files are usually meant for programers to actually edit the behaviour of the program-to-be. Basically the source code files allow you to modify the program. This is however not possible when compiled.

henke37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »
Well, it's possible. But it is a lot more difficult, annoying and generally a bad idea.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »
Maybe a stupid question... Still - are these raster images close enough to other formats that you could just open them up with CrystalTile or TileGGD?