News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Amp, What's Up Doc?  (Read 4572 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Amp, What's Up Doc?
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:53 pm »

Update By: Megafield64

An all-new romhack of the Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle has been released.  This romhack includes two patches, a graphics update and a new set of 64 levels.

Each Looney Tunes character has been edited to resemble his animated counterpart.  For example, Sylvester's fur is black and his nose is now red.  The other Sylvesters in the game are now black with different nose colors.  In addition to the characters being changed, the pallets of the level backgrounds have been changed to make a more brighter and colorful gaming experience.  The graphics patch is compatible with other level romhacks, including Frank Maggiore's Ultimate Crazy Castles.

The Level set provides a difficult, but not impossible challenge.  Each level has been tested to ensure that no level is too difficult.  While no level is impossible, there are several levels that require a little more thinking and strategy.  The level patch is compatible with other graphic romhacks.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2167/)

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Amp, What's Up Doc?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:46:54 pm »
Might have to check this out. I do like some of the handheld crazy castle series but never really checked out the home console versions.

Megafield64

• Animate Your World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »
Give the console version a try.  It's a lot of fun.  I'm currently working on two more Crazy Castle hacks.  One where the characters and backgrounds are Mario themed and a second one where the characters and backgrounds are Castlevania themed.  Both of these will also include 64 new levels.  My goal is to have them finished and posted by the end of October.
Making games easier, one romhack at a time.

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:29:21 pm »
Out of curiosity, have stage ports been made? Like, stages from the GameBoy sequels to the NES version? If not, and if they don't have many new elements, then they totally should be made.
Regarding this hack, those new outlined sprites look really sweet. I gotta check it out. :)
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

Megafield64

• Animate Your World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:13:56 pm »
So far I haven't used any stages from the Game Boy versions of Crazy Castle.  Each level I created is entirely new with no references.  Unfortunately, other than Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2, I haven't really played much of the Game Boy games.  The NES title is one that I grew up and most familiar with.  However, I could look for a copy of the first game on the Game Boy and look into porting them in future hacks.  I've always wanted to play the first Game Boy title, but just never got around to it.  Thanks for the suggestion and liking the new graphics.   ;D

Gi Nattak

• View Profile
    • http://ff6hacking.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 05:07:28 pm »
Well I guess what they say is wrong, you CAN polish a turd!
Kidding, kidding :P Nice job it looks much better.

Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:57 pm »
Great job on the hack, I've always liked to have a more difficult version of this game. I'm kinda stuck on level 4 right now though lol.

Also, I think it would've been better if you replaced the other two Sylvesters with other Looney Tunes characters and have the AI script changed, but that may be too much work entirely for more flavor.

Megafield64

• Animate Your World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 01:36:56 am »
Thanks for the comments.  You can use passwords from the original game if you find any levels too hard.  I did test and beat each level, so no level is impossible.  Some may require more thinking than others.  As for replacing the Sylvester clones, I am not at that level of hacking yet.  I'm capable of changing graphics, text, and palettes on my own and use level editors for level editing.  I actually think of myself as more of a designer rather than a hacker.  My next hack, which is a Crazy Castle hack with Mario in it.  (Sylvesters are Koopa Troopas, Yosemite is a Goomba, Daffy is a Shy Guy, and Wile E. is a Buzzy Beetle.  Currently, I'm testing the last few levels and editing the opening sequence and ending picture.  Hopefully, it will be finished by the end of this week.