News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: New Utilities Added to the Database  (Read 2272 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: New Utilities Added to the Database
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:14:37 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/)

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
Re: Utilities: New Utilities Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
Terracraft got a lot of new functions in the last months, fans of Terranigma should definitively check it out :)

dudejo

• View Profile
Re: Utilities: New Utilities Added to the Database
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 07:34:01 am »
There are two rather serious problems.

First, the map scrolling controls are awkward. There is no scrolling bar OR keyboard controls that I can notice. It's all done by mouse wheel and control + mouse wheel.

Second, there is no instruction manual for said controls. I had to figure out the former by randomly pressing keys until I figured out how to use anything. The readme file is useless and the wiki is just an overview of the editor's capabilities.

The capabilities that I can't use because I'm still trying to figure out how the controls work.

Also, there's no list anywhere to identify the map IDs. Which means that before doing anything, you need to identify the maps yourself. That includes WHICH map IDs actually hold any data.

There's also no way to know which stat change IDs do what unless it's the armor section (It tells you what they are, unlike everywhere else).