News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: [NES] Metroid 1 hack - "Metroid - Rogue Dawn" - Version 1.21  (Read 179714 times)

guitarpalooz

• View Profile
Re: [NES] Metroid 1 hack - "Metroid - Rogue Dawn" - Version 1.21
« Reply #1120 on: April 24, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
A speedrun question for grimlock

Spoiler:
Using the early items and some door/ceiling glitchyness, its pretty easy to grab the bombs, springball, and ice beam and skip straight to the sentinel robot.  it's also not too complicated to skip through the metroid lair and skip the final boss.  I just cant seem to find a way to skip the sentinel robot!  Is there a method that you know of in v1.21, or would an ultimate speedrun just involve grabbing 30 missiles and taking him out perfectly?

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 27, 2017, 06:27:39 pm »
A speedrun question for grimlock

Spoiler:
Using the early items and some door/ceiling glitchyness, its pretty easy to grab the bombs, springball, and ice beam and skip straight to the sentinel robot.  it's also not too complicated to skip through the metroid lair and skip the final boss.  I just cant seem to find a way to skip the sentinel robot!  Is there a method that you know of in v1.21, or would an ultimate speedrun just involve grabbing 30 missiles and taking him out perfectly?

There's no intentional skipping designed into version 1.21.  If there is a way discovered I'm sure it would surface eventually.

Deathofreligion

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 15, 2017, 10:37:10 pm »
Very nice work folks