News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [NES] Metroid 1 hack - "Metroid - Rogue Dawn" - Version 1.21  (Read 216561 times)

guitarpalooz

• View Profile
Re: [NES] Metroid 1 hack - "Metroid - Rogue Dawn" - Version 1.21
« Reply #1120 on: April 24, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »
A speedrun question for grimlock

Spoiler:
Using the early items and some door/ceiling glitchyness, its pretty easy to grab the bombs, springball, and ice beam and skip straight to the sentinel robot.  it's also not too complicated to skip through the metroid lair and skip the final boss.  I just cant seem to find a way to skip the sentinel robot!  Is there a method that you know of in v1.21, or would an ultimate speedrun just involve grabbing 30 missiles and taking him out perfectly?

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 27, 2017, 06:27:39 pm »
A speedrun question for grimlock

Spoiler:
Using the early items and some door/ceiling glitchyness, its pretty easy to grab the bombs, springball, and ice beam and skip straight to the sentinel robot.  it's also not too complicated to skip through the metroid lair and skip the final boss.  I just cant seem to find a way to skip the sentinel robot!  Is there a method that you know of in v1.21, or would an ultimate speedrun just involve grabbing 30 missiles and taking him out perfectly?

There's no intentional skipping designed into version 1.21.  If there is a way discovered I'm sure it would surface eventually.

Deathofreligion

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 15, 2017, 10:37:10 pm »
Very nice work folks

wilhitewarrior

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 30, 2018, 08:20:43 pm »
This hack is absolutely amazing, especially for such a small crew! I had loads of fun, thanks for making it!

That said, while I was playing it, I made a map for it using the basic map provided with the hack. You can find it here

Spoiler:

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 02, 2018, 11:28:35 pm »
Very Nice Map!  :thumbsup:

Speaking of custom content, Here is the original soundtrack for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVZmty2Dq7k&list=PLyrDpF5jbG-bQHjNOqWAgGDnA_S3KmJt8

This title certainly has gained a lot of fan dedication. I hope one day we see another masterpiece like this one some day.
Perhaps another prequel, Surrounding the story of Samus's Father? Rodney Aran? More background story revealed?  :thumbsup:
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:31 pm »
I've noticed XD but it's nice to see the full soundtrack of that game all uploaded,I hope more tracks from CoA will be uploaded soon?

Sephirous

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 07, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »
I checked in with the music guy today. The moment I get more music, It will get uploaded.  :thumbsup:
Hacking Nes Roms Is Like Making Sweet Passionate Love, Hacking Snes Roms Is Like Having Your Bitchy Mother In Law Scream At You.

DavidtheIdeaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 07, 2018, 10:43:55 pm »
Heh heh,alright! ;)

Hope It dosen't take too long,lol XD
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:26:21 pm by DavidtheIdeaMan »