7 (31.8%)
Not really
3 (13.6%)
No.
8 (36.4%)
Not in.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: PEOPLE READ THIS!!!  (Read 3703 times)

BrutalMarioWillBeFinished

• View Profile
PEOPLE READ THIS!!!
« on: September 04, 2014, 05:26:37 pm »
Theonesuperx, Le Someperson, Jarofrods, and Thirteen1335 are making an unoffical complete version of Brutal Mario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz6D-dmCzk4&feature=youtu.be
ASM programmers needed! Get the best of the best! WATCH VIDEO! AND TRY TO HELP ADD THE CUSTOM OW GFX!!!  :crazy: ;D 8)
Go to brutalmario.wikia.com For More Information!! Please help finish Brutal Mario once and for all!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:33:21 pm by BrutalMarioWillBeFinished »

furrykef

• View Profile
Re: PEOPLE READ THIS!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:21:15 pm »
How much are you paying?

Metal Knuckles

• WE MUST GATTAI
    • View Profile
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:34:17 pm »
Brutal Mario is an impressive display of ASM hacking, but little else in the hack offers much in terms of enjoyment. Level design in particular suffers, and it's borderline kaizo at times.

That being said, isn't there a policy on this board about modifying other people's hacks without permission and posting the results? I mean, I know there's certainly a 'bad taste' factor in the ROM hacking community, but I also recall places like SMW Central not really caring about it. Either way, I think I'll wait to see if/when Carol releases an update, rather than focus on the works of what sounds like a bunch of excitable thirteen year-olds.

Edit: Oh hey, the poll certainly seems to agree.

Grimlock

• Graphics Artist, Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:04:12 am »
Sounds like it could be promising although I hope the level design is geared towards fun factor and not insane rip your hair out difficulty.  Nothing ruins a hack more for me that ridiculously difficult level design.  Don't get me wrong, I do like a challenge, "balanced challenge".

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:09:23 am »
Brutal Mario is an impressive display of ASM hacking, but little else in the hack offers much in terms of enjoyment. Level design in particular suffers, and it's borderline kaizo at times.

That being said, isn't there a policy on this board about modifying other people's hacks without permission and posting the results? I mean, I know there's certainly a 'bad taste' factor in the ROM hacking community, but I also recall places like SMW Central not really caring about it. Either way, I think I'll wait to see if/when Carol releases an update, rather than focus on the works of what sounds like a bunch of excitable thirteen year-olds.

Edit: Oh hey, the poll certainly seems to agree.

Pretty sad how some people debunk other people's idea's. I think you should look for another source of entertainment.
-Thirteen1355

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 10:14:05 am »
The thing that bothers me, has anything else even been DONE with this for the people who want it back?  So far, it sounds like a bunch of people who have no experience whatsoever begging for someone to do all the work for them, which is extremely frowned upon and won't get anywhere.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 02:36:05 pm »
Come on! Do you want this finished, or no? This will be completed, give it a chance!
Have you EVER played Thirteen1335's version? If not, do it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:41:28 pm by BrutalMarioWillBeFinished »

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »
Come on! Do you want this finished, or no! IF NOT IGNORE THIS! THIS WILL BE FINISHED FOR REAL IF ASM PROGRAMMERS HELP!  :cookie: :banghead:

OH MY GOD I AM A REAL ASM PROGRAMMER!!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP AND WHAT WILL YOU BE CONTRIBUTING BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WANT NOT SOMETHING I WANT AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN INSTEAD OF EXPECTING OTHER PEOPLE TO DO SHIT FOR YOU :banghead::banghead::banghead:

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »
Shut up. Shut up you freak. This is DONE. I am DONE.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 02:48:09 pm »
I have locked this topic because it started off begging for people to do the programming needed for this hack to finish, and because flaming keeps happening.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016