News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Resident Evil 1 gets remade, again.  (Read 2949 times)

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
Resident Evil 1 gets remade, again.
« on: August 06, 2014, 01:07:10 am »
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 1 gets remade, again.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 08:09:33 pm »
I'm kind of disappointed that Resident Evil 2 (Bio Hazard 2) gets no love.  Though at least RE1 is superior vs the 5th one that came out last.  :)

Isao Kronos

• Kiss From A Rose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »
I'm kind of disappointed that Resident Evil 2 (Bio Hazard 2) gets no love.  Though at least RE1 is superior vs the 5th one that came out last.  :)
What about 6, then?

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:59:26 pm »
As perhaps the only human being alive who actually enjoyed RE6 I will say that for all its faults, at least it tried to be something new in terms of introducing characters, and changing up the system. I'm all for remaking good games, but there's a limit to that, and remaking a game, that was itself a remake, based on a director's cut of a game is pushing that limit.

I suppose it could be good, drop One-Dangerous-Zombie, and at least I'd find the game playable, unlike say, the GC version of RE.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:19:07 pm »
What about 6, then?

I guess it was do forgettable I forgot?  LOL

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 02:26:06 am »
As perhaps the only human being alive who actually enjoyed RE6 I will say that for all its faults, at least it tried to be something new in terms of introducing characters, and changing up the system. I'm all for remaking good games, but there's a limit to that, and remaking a game, that was itself a remake, based on a director's cut of a game is pushing that limit.
I really liked Resident Evil 6. A lot of people in the RE fandom, especially GameFAQs, just hate new things to hate them. I mean, for the love of fuck, they hate Tomb Raider 2013--the one game that everyone pretty much knows is objectively good. If every game company ever just rehashed their "best" game repeatedly but with graphical upgrades and additions, GameFAQs would be in love.

I'm pretty happy for Resident Evil Remake getting ported to current- and next-gen systems. So many RE fans haven't been able to play it since they don't have the system for it; adding to that, I'm pretty sure RE's user base is mostly on the PlayStation and Xbox. This is just a good thing all around, in my opinion.

Let's hope Zero is next, right? I'd really love if they implemented online co-op for that game.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 02:46:15 am »
You are yourself bringing up why comparing Tomb Raider 2013 to RE6 is a poor comparison, TR is objectively good. RE6 is objectively a bad game, RE franchise or as a stand-alone game. It has absolutely nothing unique going for it, just barely competent cover shooting with explosive barrels standing conveniently behind every pack of enemies. There is just no universe where the game would get scored higher than 6/10 by any sane person. That it's a Resident Evil game just adds insult to injury.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

vivify93

• White Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 04:04:35 am »
I'll take your word for it, KaioShin, but my point was more that GameFAQs' "fans" of big-name titles complain about everything and anything.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Idkbutlike2

• Beer Chozo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 07:50:30 am »
The remake? Sure. The original? No freaking way. That game's aged like a corpse in a dungeon.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 10:27:28 am »
Remade is a big word. They are merely porting it all with unchanged visuals and HD-like resolutions. The backgrounds are getting some hilariously bad upscaling via filtering instead of actual re-renders (CAPCOM, you lost the bg projects? Haw!). Still going to grab it since I don't have anymore a copy of the GC version and HDMI out is kinda appealing, but I wouldn't pay for this more than $10.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 08:09:26 pm »
i think the therm is hd remaster of REmake
_-|-_

Almagest

• ファーストエイド
    • View Profile
    • Almagest's ROM Hacking Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 07:31:47 pm »
I'm kind of disappointed that Resident Evil 2 (Bio Hazard 2) gets no love.
But isn't there a fan-made RE2 remake already in the works? I just hope Capcom won't take it down for copyright infringement.

If Capcom wants my money, they better remake RE3. It was the best survival horror game imo. Exploring Raccoon City was THE shit, and Nemesis always scared the shit out of me (he still does, that immortal freak).
Currently working on: Xenogears Script Revision + Term Corrections
My ROM hacking blog: https://almagest712.blogspot.com/

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 09:52:44 pm »
But isn't there a fan-made RE2 remake already in the works? I just hope Capcom won't take it down for copyright infringement.

No idea that existed.  Got a link or name?

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden

MisterJones

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 08:37:31 am »
Thanks fdor that link! Sadly, the maker seems to be focusing only on making a pretty looking engine. He hasnt posted a single zombie/cerberus/licker/ in action, so I wouldnt put my hopes high there until actual gameplay conetn is done. And we all know the most tedious part is the actual content, which is where most projects wither and die.
_-|-_

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 11:26:49 am »
There should be a couple videos with zombies on their youtube account, IIRC. Nothing too big, it's mostly tests about zombies following Claire and Leon around rooms. The major problem with that project is really the fact that they are using almost entirely assets from Darkside Chronicles.