News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Lunar Eternal Blue Audio Hacking Questions - Sega CD  (Read 1042 times)

lunarblue

• View Profile
Lunar Eternal Blue Audio Hacking Questions - Sega CD
« on: July 25, 2014, 05:44:20 am »
Hey all

I'm new to all this hacking stuff but I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction of how to do some audio modifications that I'm trying to apply to a copy of Lunar Eternal Blue.

My understanding is that the audio is made up with a load of uncompressed .PCM files within the .bin file which I have extracted. I have confirmed this by playing the .PCM files within Audicity and identifying which audio track I want to change/replace.

So as a test I extracted the main .bin file, made my own uncompressed .PCM audio track and renamed it to the same name as one of the .PCM that was within the extracted .bin file (I replaced the intro music that plays once the game has fired up), repacked the extracted files into .bin again and created a new .cue file. Then tested in the emulator.

Now this is the odd bit (to me anyway  ::) ), the game runs fine but still has the original intro music despite me replacing the original .PCM file with my new one. So I don't understand where it's still getting the original intro music from?

Can anyone shed any light on what else I need to modify or replace to get my custom audio track to replace the original?

Many thanks in advance  :thumbsup: