News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Wizardry Gaiden III - Scripture of the Dark now in English!  (Read 4557 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: mrrichard999

Announcing Wizardry Gaiden III - Scripture of the Dark is now available to play fully in English! Here it is, the third & last of the Wizardry Gaiden series for the Gameboy.

We are hoping to have a release for Wizardry Gaiden IV as soon as the main dialogue is complete so enjoy playing the third one for now!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2252/)

reyvgm

• View Profile
Hey this is pretty cool. I've always wondered about the GB Wizardry games.

Does anyone by any chance have a save file before the last boss?

fireball

• View Profile
I love oldschool rpg, I love Wizardry. Well, in a nostalgic sense at least, playing the old parts in the series up to 4 really is a chore. I always wondered how the Japanese spin-offs compare, so many thanks for this.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Neat.

getter77

• View Profile
The progress of the team on knocking out these Gaiden games in succession is astounding.   8)

arromdee

• View Profile
Will you be fixing Wizardry Gaiden #1 so it works on hardware?

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Going to check that out next, I think i altered a byte or two when I was messing around with something. Been busy with work lately but that is next on the list :)

:woot!: :crazy: :woot!: :crazy: :woot!: :crazy: :woot!:

Hey just wanted to let everybody know who downloaded the patch, there is a new one out which addresses a lot of dialogue issues. Version 1.01 has been released to correct these issues. Please apply to a clean Japanese ROM and not to an already patched one. Saved games that you have should not be affected by this so if you have already started playing, you will be OK :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:25:35 am by mrrichard999 »

arromdee

• View Profile
Is there a version of this with original spell names?  Some people are old enough to have played the original Wizardry games and remember the spell names.

Pickle

• View Profile
anyone solved the store district quest? I think ive hit every square and the only one im not able to get past is the coded door.
The only items i dont think ive used is the cprmedal from the temple boss and the well key.
im not looking for the outright answer but maybe a hint. im just afraid there might be a game killing bug.
the hint from the store keep (mia) seems to suggest that you find his store goods, but i dont see them anywhere. Through is would be in the upper level of the inn or boltac store.

Edit: just as a i post this and i had the right idea in mind. So i found the clue for the code door and im onto the next floor. Hope this is part of the quest and there nothing else missed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:19:42 pm by Pickle »