News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Tenchu PSP few questions  (Read 1816 times)

Lyserg1260

• View Profile
Tenchu PSP few questions
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:46:15 am »
Hi, i would like to replace some models or textures in one of these 3 Tenchu games on PSP:
-Tenchu Time of The Assassins
-Tenchu San Portable
-Tenchu Kurenai Portable

All 3 of them are on the same engine and use the same texture format, so i would like to swap textures etc.
"San" and "Kurenai" are ported versions of "Wrath of Heaven" and "Fatal Shadows" PS2 Tenchu games, they use similar files like PS2 versions, some of them have the same name but another content so they doesn't work, but some of them are 100% the same files, so i would like to give PSP version textures/models etc. from PS2 version. Or sounds because PSP versions are JPN only.

Another thing is editing sounds in first one - Time of The Assassins. All sounds (in .aif format) are in ONE file (SE.PL.bin ; music is not included), replacing language BIN files from JPN to ENG works, but replacing this sounds file no. So yes, i would be able to just "translate" JPN version by replacing files, but i would like to make own sounds for example. I've opened this file with Hex Editor and it is divided to many sections with very similar structure:

Do you think it would be easy to extract them and replace?

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
Re: Tenchu PSP few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 08:43:44 am »
Those are standard PSX VAGs, so the replacement should be indeed easy, as long as you take care of relocation.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

Lyserg1260

• View Profile
Re: Tenchu PSP few questions
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:49:02 am »
Well i don't have enough knowledge to di this anyway, is there a tutorial somewhere? Or you can tell me how to do it somehow?