News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Banana Prince Music Fix  (Read 2086 times)

CloudGamerX

• View Profile
Banana Prince Music Fix
« on: July 15, 2014, 06:00:03 pm »
I was playing the only english patched translation to Banana Prince, but i noticed that the music was still sped up and doesn't sound as good as the original Japanese music or even the German version's music. By default, it is set to NTSC (for some reason), yet setting it to PAL makes the music normal. Is their a patch to fix the music to where it works on NTSC? If not, does anyone know how to fix that issue?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Banana Prince Music Fix
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:38:31 pm »
Does manually setting PAL emulation in the emulator fix it?

Most often I've seen emulators will emulate NTSC by default, and only enable PAL if the filename contains "(E)" (or maybe other EU-langauge GoodTools region tags).
(yeah, that's a pretty crappy way of detecting. But there doesn't seem to be much option. NES games don't have internal headers and while iNES 2.0 does allow PAL to be specified, most ROMs in circulation are iNES 1.0)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

CloudGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:45:49 am »
Does manually setting PAL emulation in the emulator fix it?

Most often I've seen emulators will emulate NTSC by default, and only enable PAL if the filename contains "(E)" (or maybe other EU-langauge GoodTools region tags).
(yeah, that's a pretty crappy way of detecting. But there doesn't seem to be much option. NES games don't have internal headers and while iNES 2.0 does allow PAL to be specified, most ROMs in circulation are iNES 1.0)

That's what i ment. i use NEStopia and i have it set to Auto for Region. But what's strange is it Auto-Detects it as an NTSC game. Yet setting it to PAL mode has the game with normal sound. it doesn't effect gameplay, but the game doesn't sound too pleasant while playing it on it's default NTSC mode. I did see if it was via labeling, so i tested that with a Mr.Gimmick rom and it didn't affect it when i changed the (E) to (U), it still auto detected it as a PAL game and not NTSC. I was wondering if their was something like the Ufouria Music Speed Hack, where the music is fixed on NTSC mode.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:52 am »
I'm not sure unless Mr. Gimmick is a iNES 2.0 or Nestopia somehow detects it.
When the PAL ROM is emulated as NTSC it should have a noticeable music speed-up as well as graphics glitches (such the HUD becoming completely unreadable).

Yes, it seems Nestopia is indeed somehow detecting Mr. Gimmick correctly as PAL while FCEUX does not (runs as NTSC without (E) in the file name).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

CloudGamerX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 03:22:24 am »
Hang on a moment, aren't you the guy who made the translation for Banana Prince?

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:10:13 am »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:18:09 am by Chpexo »