News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: GameCenter CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2 in English now released!  (Read 3961 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: MarkDarkness

After years of work from two different groups, the English translation of Retro Game Challenge's sequel has now been made available to fans worlwide in its 1.1 version! It's a back-to-back job, which translates menus, dialogues and the entirety of its many, many graphical files. This sequel to 2009's cult hit published by XSeed Games boasts much of the same features as its predecessor, but greatly expands and refines its concepts, making for the definitive Game Center CX game so far.

After a tentative release last week, this 1.1 version delivers an experience that we believe is the one fans deserve, with utmost attention paid to details. We hope you enjoy it, and in case you want to know more about the game and the patch's history, make sure to visit the group's website.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://gccxpatch.com/)

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
I've been waiting for this! Got stuck in the adventure game in the japanese original... Now I can finally play it to the end!
Big "Thank you!" to everyone involved in the project!

xnamkcor

• View Profile
This is great. The names of the games and systems are made up, but are the games? Is there a list for the equivalents so I can play them?

JohnnyPeachfuzz

• View Profile
Yeah, as before, the games are generally pastiches of popular games from the past. HG101's article is pretty informative: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/retrogamechallenge/retrogamechallenge2.htm

Clippit

• View Profile
If only I had the ability to create homebrew games, I swear I'd port Triotos to the NES. It has to be my favourite game on this entry. Wiz-Man being the second, probably.
I'm still playing it and currently getting close to beat all of the games. I fully recommend playing it. I haven't been so impressed with a translation project since Pokémon TCG2. It has a professional quality, and the game itself improves a lot in comparison to its already awesome prequel.
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

xnamkcor

• View Profile
If only I had the ability to create homebrew games, I swear I'd port Triotos to the NES. It has to be my favourite game on this entry. Wiz-Man being the second, probably.
I'm still playing it and currently getting close to beat all of the games. I fully recommend playing it. I haven't been so impressed with a translation project since Pokémon TCG2. It has a professional quality, and the game itself improves a lot in comparison to its already awesome prequel.

When you finish the fourth challenge, it's a full game you can just play, right?

Clippit

• View Profile
When you finish the fourth challenge, it's a full game you can just play, right?
Yeah, but, unlike in the first game, there's no Freeplay mode to unlock, though you can play the full games anytime once you've cleared their challenges.
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

xnamkcor

• View Profile
Yeah, but, unlike in the first game, there's no Freeplay mode to unlock, though you can play the full games anytime once you've cleared their challenges.
When I beat all the challenges, I should transfer the SAV to my PC(I'm using a real DS), and totally see what things I can dig up.

Did the game just quote Eye of the Tiger?

"Finished" it yesterday. Need to see the endings to each game. I'm probably not going to even try to finish that challenge.
Good Job.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:44:25 pm by xnamkcor »

AaronTokunaga

• View Profile
Just remember that something special happens when you beat each of the 9 games.

Also, to unlock everything, you also need 99999 points in the Daily Challenge. There are 360 extra challenges with the daily challenge; a new one each day for almost a year. The challenges appear to be fixed to specific days and years though; it isn't random.

EDIT> Oh right, hi. I'm Aaron, the one behind this patch. I just put out Patch version 1.2 last night, so I hope that works for you all.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:16:21 am by AaronTokunaga »