News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Atelier Elie + Marie (ps2) translation  (Read 5330 times)

RichardMV

• View Profile
Atelier Elie + Marie (ps2) translation
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:30:44 pm »
As a huge fan of Niponichi and Gust, I've wanted to play the original atelier games for quite some time. Since there's no translation patch and no official translation, I've decided to attempt to translate these two games for myself and any other fans. This will be a daunting project as a first time iso patcher,  but I have extensive experience programming in multiple languages. I have several friends with Strong knowledge of Japanese (I'm rusty and struggled with classes, but I'm eager to relearn and expand my knowledge) so I feel like I can handle this project, especially as I will be building off of the work of former attempts to translate these games. I'll likely start getting hacking tools together tonight after I get out of work and begin learning the process of making a translation.

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: Atelier Elie + Marie (ps2) translation
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:10:29 am »
Great! I hope you enjoyyour time doing so!
I think it would make a lot of sense (even for a seasoned programmer) to read through the getting started section of this site - and to keep FAST's romhacking guide handy too:
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-gba-and-ds-rom-hacking-guide-2012-preview-2-f30026.html
(This guide tackles topics beyond GBA and DS, as the title may not suggest. ;) )
Keep it up!

Black

RichardMV

• View Profile
Re: Atelier Elie + Marie (ps2) translation
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »
The hacking itself proved to be a bit difficult for me (the game was very hard to crack) but user RyleFury (http://www.romhacking.net/community/2985/), who hacked Atelier Iris and translated it into French, managed to figure out how to do it! Once he's completed the hack, he's going to send the script files to me and I think the plan is for us to each work for a version in our own languages. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to dedicating a lot of time to the project this summer.