News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Chaos Seed English Translation Released!  (Read 21229 times)

Shion

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Chaos Seed English Translation Released!
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 10:55:44 am »
Good work.

Another unhackable game is Popful Mail Snes.

Someone will translate it ever?

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 11:49:16 am »
Two releases already this year, good job.  I'll try this game out later this week.

Jarlaxle

• View Profile
    • My Twitch Channel
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »
You guys are bloody awesome. That is all. :D Please excuse my lack of finesse and poetry, but, yeah...bloody awesome.  :thumbsup:

(Oops, did I just contradict myself, or repeat myself? Conundrum?)

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:36 pm »
You guys are bloody awesome. That is all. :D Please excuse my lack of finesse and poetry, but, yeah...bloody awesome.  :thumbsup:

(Oops, did I just contradict myself, or repeat myself? Conundrum?)

Let me make up for your lack of poetry.

Chaos Seed Translate
Said it could never be done
Dynamic-Designs

Snatcher

• Vereor Nox
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 02:10:24 pm »
Awesome! Been wanting to play this game for a long time.  Congratulations :beer:
"This is a work of fiction. If you find any relation to real people, events, or locations, then you are obviously on crack."
-Kishimoto Masashi

Malias

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »
What an awesome game!  I've never played anything like it.  Great job on the translation.  There's one thing though that really bothers me:

This happens whenever you clear a room.

For reference, I'm using snes9x.
The great achievement is to lose one's reason for no reason, and to let my lady know that if I can do this without cause, what should I do if there were cause?
     ~Don Quixote~

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »
Yeah i believe there are to be a few graphical glitches in between during parts of the game, well mainly text but nothing hugely major or anything like so ;) but other than that awesome work guys! :thumbsup: & glad to be on the team, helping out on everything i possibly can.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 04:37:36 pm »
Yeah i believe there are to be a few graphical glitches in between during parts of the game, well mainly text but nothing hugely major or anything like so ;) but other than that awesome work guys! :thumbsup: & glad to be on the team, helping out on everything i possibly can.

Did you report these glitches? Because if you didn't and you're "on the team" as you say, then you're not doing "everything [you] possibly can."

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 04:51:39 pm »
There was one last textroutine fix shortly before release, I guess it caused this. Every textglitch was reported and fixed during betatesting and this never happened to us.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:13 pm »
@Malias:  Yeah, I think ChronoMoogle 's assessment is correct.  This definitely was something added/broken with our last bug fix.. *sigh* I was really hoping the bugs people found would be a little less prevalent.  Looks like that 1.01 patch will have to come a little earlier than I had hoped.

Edit:  Thanks again, we've already got it fixed :)  I'm not sure, though, if I should release a v1.01 patch right now or if we should wait a while in case more potential bugs arise.  I'm open to your thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:09:42 pm by Draken »

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:45 pm »
Did you report these glitches? Because if you didn't and you're "on the team" as you say, then you're not doing "everything [you] possibly can."
Yes "For Your Information" I had "Reported" these issues to the "Team" Just because you don't believe i didn't done anything to contribe & haven't told your a** anything about working with the group doesn't mean you get to pick on others you give less hope on! I'm not one of those "newbs" you've disowned in the past and i've been trying my best to help out (though just recently during the beta testing phases) and if you can't see the fact i HAVE been helping out with others behind close curtains. Then there's nothing more i can say then to assume your being an unforgiving prick! No offense but that's how i personally feel you've been treating me since i'd begin here.

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:29 pm »
the big killer for me was AGTP vs D-D mystic ark

if i get time i'll try it i suppose but i've been busy with ps2 games mainly lately
Why was that a killer!? That was not an AGTP vs D-D issue. We really worked on that game for a long time. I have files that, believe it or not go back 2007-2008. I guess you felt we should have just scrapped all of our completed work!? I don't believe that is what you or anyone wanted. Besides, I really liked the font GZ used in his game. We went with the thicker font because we thought it would make it easier to read. :(
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:16:47 pm by Bongo` »
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 10:24:40 pm »
the only issue i had with your mystic ark was the editing

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 10:25:16 pm »
@Malias:  Yeah, I think ChronoMoogle 's assessment is correct.  This definitely was something added/broken with our last bug fix.. *sigh* I was really hoping the bugs people found would be a little less prevalent.  Looks like that 1.01 patch will have to come a little earlier than I had hoped.

Edit:  Thanks again, we've already got it fixed :)  I'm not sure, though, if I should release a v1.01 patch right now or if we should wait a while in case more potential bugs arise.  I'm open to your thoughts.

Hey, it happens. And I know exactly how you feel about the 1.01 thing :(

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 10:37:52 pm »
I think it would be wise to wait a little longer before issuing a higher patch number as well, just to play it safe.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 10:47:23 pm »
If I may, a few suggestions on that point.

Speaking from experience, it's very, very easy to 1) lose track of issues that need fixing, and 2) forget that you need to do a 1.01, then when you remember that it needs to be done, find yourself unsure of what needs to be fixed. There are several items in my back catalog that need updating, but it's been so long that I've lost track of the various bugs that people find. It doesn't help that different bugs are frequently posted on different message boards. Keep a concise list of issues that are still current and that have been fixed in a place you can find, fix things as they come up regardless of how exhausted you may feel, and don't forget to release.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 12:01:21 am »
Thanks for the tips Gideon!  My plan is actually quite similar to yours.  I'm reporting each new issue that pops up to our internal bug tracker so that I will have a permanent record of it.  I didn't think before to include who reported the bug, but I will definitely make mention of it in the readme when an update patch comes out. :)

Round Shell

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 03:20:39 am »
Amazing! thanks a lot for translating this gem, it looks like a lot of effort was put into this project and a lot of people like me apreciate the opportunity to play this game.
Keep up the good work!

warren

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 05:35:24 am »
i always wanted to play this game, thanks to all those great guys that worked on it  :thumbsup:

another snes rpg is finally translated, let's hope that far east of eden zero is next  :)

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 05:46:28 am »
What an awesome game!  I've never played anything like it.  Great job on the translation.  There's one thing though that really bothers me:

This happens whenever you clear a room.

For reference, I'm using snes9x.

We've released patch v1.01 to fix this issue.  I'm not sure when RHDN will get the patch updated, but until then, feel free to head on over to the Dynamic Designs homepage and pick up a copy on either the Download or project pages.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:27:48 am by taskforce »