News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: zelda3 intro 100%  (Read 1342 times)

Bigkill321

• View Profile
zelda3 intro 100%
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:29 am »
done with my zelda3 intro so wanted to show it off to people check it out at http://youtu.be/8TOWu6xAV_U and please comment on it i want to know what i can do better.

FAST6191

• View Profile
Re: zelda3 intro 100%
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:09:47 am »
Had a quick watch. A potentially interesting setup, almost reminds me of some of the later games. The initial focus on using alternative attacks was interesting as well and the early stage difficulty I can get behind.

You had a few typos/spelling/grammar mistakes. Speaking to the two rain liking people they said tomorrows when there probably should have been an apostrophe, likewise the uncle's death scene said "die in vein" where vain is the word you want. Zelda's rescue says "frist floor". At the throne she says "Ooh and you need...", strictly speaking that probably does work but "Oh" would be the more common phrasing of such a thing, the question of whether you want such clues in your game is a different matter -- official Zelda games seem to take a more organic approach. At the end of that scene it says "Do you have lamp?" and you probably want an a in there.
The phrase after that about losing oneself....
The priest scene "before it was to late", you wanted too in there. The sentence after... is it supposed to be "Agahnim's"
There might have been more but those were the ones I caught, generally you should probably hand the script to someone that did not write it so they can correct the typos.

For a pure intro/demo video I might have instead gone the TAS route and taken the best play of a room, or possibly an infinite health cheat if that would be too much effort in editing (and though I complain often about a lack of video editing among people it is annoying). Possibly more of an aesthetic thing might be when you were running around with the sword charged or strafing -- everybody sensible might play it like that but you probably do not want it in your video.

Bigkill321

• View Profile
Re: zelda3 intro 100%
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:03:21 pm »
thanks so much i have showed this to a bunch of ppl and no one has even said anything about that til now