News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - 2017 Updates! (Project is Alive)  (Read 47401 times)

Airikita

• Running through my mind is hell...
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2015, 07:31:35 pm »
I say keep it for the sword but not for the other items, if possible. If memory serves me, the sword worked that way in Twilight Princess (GC version), so it'd be a neat nod to that. Speaking of Twilight Princess, any chance of being able to swing while moving? I always liked that in TP, made slashing grass less tedious.

Yeah, I've been mulling over that concept... might be tricky to do, but perhaps there's some way. I can't make promises on that because I had looked into making the sword work on Epona with little success. I'd likely have to create an external function for it, which I dislike doing. But yeah.

I don't think I need to worry about it working for Epona though.

I'll put that in my "to do" list for now.

FierceDeity000

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2015, 07:15:01 am »
That's one of the far tasks I know, but I have a little question, If you has enhanced enemy that probably dungeons will be difficult too? Maybe harder than Master Quest? :crazy:
I love only masterpieces....

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\\\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2015, 07:38:29 am »
That's one of the far tasks I know, but I have a little question, If you has enhanced enemy that probably dungeons will be difficult too? Maybe harder than Master Quest? :crazy:
Well yes, but more enemy enhancements will have to be made later. If you had checked the playlist, I have a hardmode Iron Knuckle already.

February 21, 2015, 12:10:26 am

UPDATE:
----------
Added a project progress bar at the first post so that everyone has a general idea how much there is still to do on this project.
Currently fixing up small bits before I move onto the bigger tasks still, and even the small stuff takes time.

February 21, 2015, 03:35:57 am

Another task knocked off the list. Bit-by-bit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:36:27 am by Airikita »

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2015, 03:42:27 am »
None of the images show. There all red X's :(
(on the front page of the thread, you said.
---------------
oh, now it shows, you fixed it, okay cool :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:50:21 am by kuja killer »

FierceDeity000

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2015, 08:37:15 am »
Oh yeah! That Iron Knuckle looks so mad! Maybe Majora's clock can help to destroy him easy. :)

February 21, 2015, 08:43:30 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Nice bow! :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:43:30 am by FierceDeity000 »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2015, 06:43:55 pm »
I agree with Fierce Diety, that bow's looking killer!
Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2015, 07:43:28 pm »
Thanks, just trying to make the item look like a low-poly version of the actual weapon so that the file is small enough to fit into the limited space. I kept it texture-free, and as basic as possible.

Currently looking into fixing the RBA glitch, and found something interesting... apparently the Slingshot item is allowed on Epona, but so is the Bombchu.... which is verrrrrrrry interesting. The value check for the slingshot seems to be an old leftover, but it's the Bombchu item check that gets me.
You can literally use Bombchus on Epona if they're on B.

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2015, 07:54:25 pm »
I agree, bow is nice. Looks quite a different from the actual weapon though.

Do you like drop the Chu on Epona and it crawls down her? That would be amusing to see.
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2015, 08:17:07 pm »
I agree, bow is nice. Looks quite a different from the actual weapon though.

Do you like drop the Chu on Epona and it crawls down her? That would be amusing to see.
Not sure as I'm just looking at the code. The bombchus in ZEY are the clock now, so I can't really test it. Afaik I can't drop the item.

EDIT:
------
Come to think of it, this is probably used so that Link can play the Bombchu Bowling minigame without it being removed.

February 22, 2015, 09:08:54 pm

UPDATE:
---------
Currently got on some swordless fixes for Epona:

Although what I was aiming for was using a sword on Epona, I did this for now. I had it working on Epona, but it would push Link off of her when I use the sword. There is likely something missed or overlooked on it, but for the meantime it's not working.

The other thing I was attempting to do was get Link to run while swinging his sword, but it seems the animations don't fit that well. Also there's no apparent way to keep Link running while swinging his sword as it seems the function to set him moving get skipped over when slashing. Even if I remove the checks, it still halts him.

I would like to get the Master Sword working on Epona for one, so I'll poke at that a bit more before throwing in the towel. Surely it's just something I missed.

February 24, 2015, 01:34:15 pm

When Link is careless of Epona's well being, it will be a sad day:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:34:50 pm by Airikita »

FierceDeity000

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2015, 09:19:38 am »
Sigh....Poor Epona.....I will never forget you. :'(

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2015, 11:50:09 am »
Does it bug anyone else that the text is slightly off-center in that screenshot? I'm compulsive about details like that sometimes.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »
Does it bug anyone else that the text is slightly off-center in that screenshot? I'm compulsive about details like that sometimes.
It was fixed right after the screenshot. It bugged me too... no idea why it did that.

chillyfeez

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2015, 10:32:14 am »
So it'll be possible to lose Epona and never get her back?
Will that make the game essentially unwinnable?
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2015, 05:40:42 pm »
So it'll be possible to lose Epona and never get her back?
Will that make the game essentially unwinnable?
Nahhhhh, that's something I added in if you suicide jump off of a cliff.
If you do lose her, there's a side-quest to be able to "revive" her.

It'd be silly of me to break the game... I'm making a hardmode mod, not an imposibru/death mod.
The difficulty won't even be at death mod level, but hard enough to be considered that.

I can barely fight one Iron Knuckle I modified still with full HP and defense, and hell... I even know its weakness.
But granted, that's without a potion.

February 26, 2015, 09:23:22 pm

Testing a map import:

Still some work to be done... some of the textures didn't show up correctly, and I will need to animate some of the textures.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:23:46 pm by Airikita »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 03:38:58 pm »
Well I guess Epona can't chicken flutter then lol.

It would be great if the side quest involved Link having Dampe dig up Epona so he could have  the Desert Witches perform some necromancy after fetching them the needed ingredients.

Or it could be like something right out of Pet Cemetary, where Link reburies Epona in a cursed Sheikah burial site. Dampe could warn Link that "Some things should stay dead." lol.

The second one makes me picture an undead winged Epona hahaha.

In any case, awesome stuff going on!

Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »
Just recently reviewed a small tweak to map importing with The-GCN community.
The tweak was small, but the fix made a huge difference for hardware:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z87166ti58

Still needs more options, however. The tool is missing extra features that would complete this better.
But... for the meantime... everything works as it should!

March 03, 2015, 09:41:25 pm

A little WIP of a custom enemy currently in progress:

March 05, 2015, 10:39:48 pm

Just to maintain updates, video posted for pause menu speed-up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdZ8hIdYbnY
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:40:15 pm by Airikita »

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2015, 07:16:49 pm »
6 Magic Arrows? 6 Barriers? 2+2=FISH!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_pDMKlo0

March 12, 2015, 12:57:17 am

With a change to the master sample rate control for music, ZEY has officially gotten a HUGE boost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUbuHNs6PA

OOT has never sounded so amazing!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:58:23 am by Airikita »

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2015, 08:30:09 pm »
Hello everyone, I am posting this so that everyone knows that I have not been idle lately. I have successfully imported custom instruments, but I still have issues with finding good instruments to import as the majority of the music in OoT is a bit off-key when an instrument is imported, no matter what the clarity.

There is only one instrument I'm interested in replacing in the meantime, but that is not a concern..

I was also looking over some concept ideas, and am looking into the first quest becoming an ALttP style play with 7 crystals, and 3 pendants. The dark world will integrate a TP gameplay quest involved, making the quest even longer to complete:

For the most part, there will be 7 crystals. I will be able to implement it, but there will be simplicity involved.

Upon completing the quest to get the crystals, access to the Dark World will be obtained, and Link will be trapped in the Twilight Realm of the Dark World. I would call it "Twilight World" since it will have a field much like the one for the first quest, but in a new style to mimick a Twilight Ream feel to it.

Of course, I plan for a type of mirror shard hunt:

For now these will be part of the bigger scope, where I am planning for the final quest to involve the medallions, and a very special item, along with magic arrows as part of the finale to tie in the broader brush of it all.

I do intend for Epona to be obtainable in the final quest, but not the first.

I plan for a total of 3 quests, but I will have to account for limitations after implementing everything for the main plot.

If I am able to, a mid-quest will be involved, which will require some specialized re-tooling since there will be 8 quest items to be obtained. I could use the stones in place of the other 2, but it will still require a new position list, meaning I would have to use the space for the dungeon map screen that was discarded.

This is the main reason I had discarded the dungeon panel, so that I can use it as a new quest menu, but until then it's obsolete.

Also, not having map access will serve a purpose to the storyline. Nobody should be disappointed by the removal of the map panel, especially if you want new items to fill up this saga.

=============================

EDIT:
------
Here is a preview of what the Twilight/Dark World will look like:

Note: the black squares do scroll up into the sky (texture animation).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:38:29 pm by Airikita »

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2015, 01:13:49 pm »
Definitely sounds and looks interesting. I just have one comment to make. Should've mentioned this earlier, but it bugs me how young Link can hold the Hylian shield in one hand. It's almost as big as him, yet he can lift it with ease. Is that going to be a thing in-game or was that just for testing purposes?
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2015, 06:30:37 pm »
Definitely sounds and looks interesting. I just have one comment to make. Should've mentioned this earlier, but it bugs me how young Link can hold the Hylian shield in one hand. It's almost as big as him, yet he can lift it with ease. Is that going to be a thing in-game or was that just for testing purposes?
It's definitely for testing only. I will be replacing the shield with a nicer one when I make new shields.
It does annoy me too, especially when it's slicing Link's face open.