News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - 2018 [Continued]  (Read 55084 times)

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel (Don't Go There... Pretty Bad)
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod [Incomplete]
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2015, 08:49:32 am »
Is this project still active? I hope so!
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

Airikita

• Running through my mind is hell...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2015, 09:10:03 am »
Is this project still active? I hope so!
Well of course, it's going to be a bit long-term until I fix certain errors however...

Currently one of the tools (map editor tool) messed up a few scene files I was working on. Sometimes it screws up when editing a scene file while I'm testing in an emulator.

Anyways, certain chests keep disappearing upon re-entering a room when unopened, and by replacing the scene with a clean copy of the scene does fix it.

However, I can't just swap over a clean scene file because of all the edits I did to them, which would reverse a lot of work! So I'm trying to dissect the issue.

There's always some error like this popping up this week, but this one's a common issue with the tool I use.

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2015, 10:20:42 pm »
Well of course, it's going to be a bit long-term until I fix certain errors however...

Currently one of the tools (map editor tool) messed up a few scene files I was working on. Sometimes it screws up when editing a scene file while I'm testing in an emulator.

Anyways, certain chests keep disappearing upon re-entering a room when unopened, and by replacing the scene with a clean copy of the scene does fix it.

However, I can't just swap over a clean scene file because of all the edits I did to them, which would reverse a lot of work! So I'm trying to dissect the issue.

There's always some error like this popping up this week, but this one's a common issue with the tool I use.

Ah, alright, I understand. Well, I bet you'll get those problems fixed eventually, and this'll be an amazing hack!:D
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 12:18:39 am »
Ah, alright, I understand. Well, I bet you'll get those problems fixed eventually, and this'll be an amazing hack!:D
Yeah... it's weirder than expected though. Apparently the chest doesn't work above water blocks or death collision, even if the collision is in another room directly below it.

I know which bytes are causing the issue, but the read-outs are all weird where I can't pinpoint it yet.

Spent about 6 hours today getting lost... then I snooped around some code where I stumbled on a game speed control of sorts (like framerate in a way)...

I still haven't been able to make heads or tails of it as the chest AI code runs normally with some minor exceptions for the chests that are vanishing.

Especially when the one is in the first area, containing an important item to progress, and I'd very much rather not move it from its current location.

Considering how much I'm screwing with the player at the beginning, it's in a really shitty place for that to happen.

---------------------
EDIT:
------
Easier to fix than I thought, but the main issue was figuring out the problem. Quite an odd mess. Still other problems, but it is pretty moot at this point.... especially considering my to-do list.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:02:32 am by Airikita »

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2015, 09:19:15 pm »
Ayeee, how's the hack coming along? :D
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 07:39:08 am »
At the moment I was modifying a projectile, and took a break for now to catch up on some homework.

There is a need for another function swap for this one, but for now I've taken a break. I've been reading up on some new Canadian laws and Nintendo guidelines, and I've been stalling a bit as a result of them...

I had this ROM before these laws, but I'm probably going to doddle on this mod for a few more years anyways... granted I will still keep this forum updated, but only in screenshots as to not draw too much attention.

It's possible the new laws are due to OoT3D, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy this project still.

Ah well, it's not like I am trying to harm their market with this, but that's their interpretation. It's not like I bust my balls over this because I have a vendetta. Sometimes I lose sleep over not having the new Zelda games, but yeah... money issues.

Well whatever. Like I said, I'll keep you guys posted.

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 08:49:14 am »
At the moment I was modifying a projectile, and took a break for now to catch up on some homework.

There is a need for another function swap for this one, but for now I've taken a break. I've been reading up on some new Canadian laws and Nintendo guidelines, and I've been stalling a bit as a result of them...

I had this ROM before these laws, but I'm probably going to doddle on this mod for a few more years anyways... granted I will still keep this forum updated, but only in screenshots as to not draw too much attention.

It's possible the new laws are due to OoT3D, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy this project still.

Ah well, it's not like I am trying to harm their market with this, but that's their interpretation. It's not like I bust my balls over this because I have a vendetta. Sometimes I lose sleep over not having the new Zelda games, but yeah... money issues.

Well whatever. Like I said, I'll keep you guys posted.

Ahhh, gotcha. Well, keep up the good work! :D
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2015, 10:18:56 pm »
Mock ALttP style beam sword test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpDXQhEnHYk

It looks like the boomerang for now because that is what I am using as a base.

I attempted to modify King Dodongo's flame earlier for this, but it turned out that was becoming more of a mess/chore than necessary... so I switched out for the boomerang figuring out how to spawn it correctly.

Dogeritos

• Dogeritos r kewl
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2015, 12:49:44 am »
Mock ALttP style beam sword test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpDXQhEnHYk

It looks like the boomerang for now because that is what I am using as a base.

I attempted to modify King Dodongo's flame earlier for this, but it turned out that was becoming more of a mess/chore than necessary... so I switched out for the boomerang figuring out how to spawn it correctly.

I really like how you did the sword beam, it looks really good as is. I can't waittttt to see this hack completed :D
So nacho
Much cheese
Wow
Dogeritos

FierceDeity000

• View Profile
Re: Zelda's Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2015, 02:49:04 pm »
Wow!! That's great! :o I want that rom! :D Please do not cancel that project! Ok?
I love only masterpieces....

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »
Wow!! That's great! :o I want that rom! :D Please do not cancel that project! Ok?
Don't plan on it, but I do take my time, so this project isn't rushed.

Update:
--------
4th rupee upgrade was activated, replaced by the Silver Scale (which is now obsolete, and who cares about it really)

Originally the values were 99, 100, and 500, but now the values are 200, 1000, 5000, and 9999!
3rd wallet item has been added to activate this once-disabled upgrade.

Also, Gohma also has an enemy counterpart and will now appear as a legitimate enemy in later dungeons.

Other minor tweaks were made, and still going down a checklist of objectives to complete before the next phase.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:13:23 pm by Airikita »

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2015, 07:06:55 pm »
Have you decided on the whole swapping A and B button thing yet, out of curiosity?
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2015, 07:10:04 pm »
Have you decided on the whole swapping A and B button thing yet, out of curiosity?
Yeah, I played with it. I don't think it's such a big deal, probably something I won't bother with. It's not like it's going to change much, but it is something I'd like to do.

Some things like doors and chest still uses the B button otherwise, but those can be changed too. I could even force a part of the code to switch the inputs before anything is used too.

The only issue I'm having is the colors, to switch the blue and green colors... I guess I could change which colors the icons read instead of trying to force the colors to load.

EDIT: Swapping A and B buttons would also require a lot of text changes too... maybe I won't bother with it for now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:36:38 pm by Airikita »

FierceDeity000

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2015, 08:50:03 am »
I know, this very difficult work.......buuut.. how about new quest dungeons?
I love only masterpieces....

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2015, 02:44:11 pm »
I know, this very difficult work.......buuut.. how about new quest dungeons?
There is plans for a 2nd quest on the way, I might have room in the save file to do so once I re-configure bosses.
But that's one of the far tasks. I might release a patch for the 1st quest when it's completed, and work on the 2nd quest later on.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 02:54:35 pm by Airikita »

Bahamut ZERO

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2015, 06:02:37 pm »
I just noticed your ZEY sig... for the love of god I hope Epona can now jump obsticles and chicken-flutter! I mean, picture having Epona jump off a cliff, gliding (like when you jump while holding a chiken) while Link's whipping out his bow and shooting enemies on the ground and in the sky. It would be so extreme.  :D

Don't mind me, I just enjoy seeing pics of your work and pondering the what-ifs.  :thumbsup:

Like Super Mario Land? Then you'll love my first completed Rom Hack: Maniac on the Run!

Airikita

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2015, 07:59:53 pm »
Timeline slideshow video of my progress with ZEY, and general modding I have done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmhF02qcs-g

Evidently, OoT boils down to the equivalent of sorting through a ball of wires.

Grimoire LD

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2015, 08:36:10 pm »
Look at the Immense amount of work you've put into this, it is absolutely mind boggling. that Winged Bow, may I add, looks Amazing. I cannot wait to see where you go from here!

Airikita

• View Profile
Re: Zelda\\\'s Eternal Youth (ZEY) - Zelda Ocarina of Time Mod
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2015, 01:52:14 pm »
A and B actions were swapped today, and a few text changes made to some dialogue:

Nothing major, about 1 hours worth.

The indication is clear on the icon highlighted by the debugger:

February 17, 2015, 10:49:28 pm
Testing out a new fall death feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMFWk_0o_Y

Might add more to Epona, such as actual damage.
From what I read somewhere, she can take damage, or something like that... will look into that, but it could just be a rumor.

February 18, 2015, 09:21:45 pm
Unsheathing the sword without swinging, which also effects the bow, boomerang, and hookshot too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-QqgSqhF60

I will keep this as part of ZEY, even if it's not the true way the demo was coded.
There is other possible ways I can do that with the sword, but I find this useful.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:23:18 pm by Airikita »

TheZunar123

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »
I say keep it for the sword but not for the other items, if possible. If memory serves me, the sword worked that way in Twilight Princess (GC version), so it'd be a neat nod to that. Speaking of Twilight Princess, any chance of being able to swing while moving? I always liked that in TP, made slashing grass less tedious.
Speedrunner and Let's Player.
www.youtube.com/ZunarSR